Hours: 32 hours/week, flexible 4-day work week (full time)
Salary: $68,000 – $73,000
Benefits: Excellent benefits package, including health insurance, dental & vision coverage, sick days, holidays, and vacation. Option to work remotely.
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors, and businesses to create economic systems that work for all people and our planet. We deploy marketplace solutions to solve the most pressing social and environmental problems facing society today – from climate change to food systems breakdowns to racial and social injustices.
The Center of Sustainability Solutions supports our supply chain Innovation Networks – focused working groups of stakeholders with the objective of making significant, industry-wide system change. Our active networks include the Soil & Climate Alliance (focused on regenerative agriculture), Climate-Safe Lending, and Clean Electronics Production.
The Foundations and Corporate Giving Director for the Center for Sustainability Solutions will lead the management, cultivation, and stewardship of the Center’s foundation supporters and business sponsors, while also growing the pipeline for both revenue streams. You will work across the focus areas of the Center to develop and execute a plan that will support ongoing revenue cultivation for all of the branches of the Center’s work, while also managing a portfolio of active foundation grants totaling over $2M.
As all three Networks are virtual, this position may be housed in Washington, DC at the Green America offices, but may also be filled remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In concert with senior Center staff, participate in the development and implementation of fundraising strategies for the Center and its networks.
- Steward our current foundation and corporate donors with special communications, invitations, and personalized gift/grant acknowledgements.
- Coordinate the submission of progress reports, financial updates, and renewal proposals for active funders, and meet all deadlines.
- Research potential new funders and identify areas of alignment between their funding objectives and our work.
- Craft grant proposals and letters of inquiry for new sources of foundation and corporate support.
- Coordinate cross-partnership efforts to secure large grants.
- Meet or exceed the Center’s financial goals through foundation giving, corporate sponsorships, and special project funding.
- Develop strong, productive relationships with foundation and corporate donors, identifying their needs and issues important to them and determining how we can work together.
- Ensure that network plans contribute to greatest possible value for foundation and corporate donors.
- Maintain records of all interactions with business supporters and foundation prospects in our fundraising database, Raisers Edge.
- Participate in Cross Departmental Teams: The success of our organizational work includes the voluntary participation of staff members from all levels of the organization in cross departmental teams addressing a range of issues to strengthen our impact and planning, as time and other work commitments allow.
Skills and Experience
- Exemplary communications skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to build long-term relationships with senior executives and high-level leaders across a range of sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of proven foundation and corporate/business fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated experience in producing successful letters of inquiry, proposals, sponsorship requests, and progress reports.
- Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to craft compelling, effective messaging and collateral for fundraising purposes.
- Demonstrated strategic partnership building experience and solicitation of sponsorships, grants, and/or major gifts ($10,000+).
- Track record of securing 5-7 figure gifts or proven experience meeting 7-figure annual fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology and donor databases to manage fundraising efforts, track actions, and build funder relationships.
- Donor research skills and the ability to effectively identify, segment, and prioritize prospective business supporters and foundations.
- Proven ability to effectively work in coordination with other team and department leaders.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines, identify areas of synergies across teams, and develop new fundraising strategies.
- Strong intrinsic interest in issues directly related to Green America’s mission.
- Ability to obtain a deep understanding of the Center for Sustainability Solutions main program areas and communicate this understanding to donors.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification a plus.
The position involves domestic travel time of up to 30% (post-pandemic) for network meetings, conferences, business development client meetings, staff training, and other purposes. Travel may vary seasonally.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.