Internship Food and Agriculture/Emerging Technology Intern
Who We Are:
Friends of the Earth (FOE) is a national not-for-profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world. We push for the reforms that are needed. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
What We Look For: A talented and dedicated intern to help support Friends of the Earth’s Food and Agriculture program’s Emerging Technology Campaign. A highly motivated, quick learner who is able to take initiative. Someone with strong research, writing and editing skills to support policy and market campaigns and initiatives. We’re looking for someone to play an integral role in supporting of the Food and Agriculture.
Does this sound like you? If so, then this is the intern position for you. This is a paid, full or part-time internship. Intern must be able to commit to 15-20 hrs/week; (specific hours in the range of 15-20 hours per week to be negotiated) at the rate of $15/hour. The length of the internship is 3-5 months.
What the Role Needs:
Creative Writer: You will develop social media and other outreach materials and action guidelines. Draft action alerts to mobilize Friends of the Earth members to express support.
Supportive contributor: You support the implementation of strategic campaign plans and assist in planning and coordinating virtual and in-person events, such as webinars, local actions and public comments.
Curious Thinker: You will conduct research and analysis to develop factsheets, web content and other campaign materials to educate allies, opinion leaders, policymaker, the press, and the public.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A demonstrated interest in the environment and social and racial justice.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and basic Microsoft programs.
- A highly motivated, quick learner who is able to take initiative and work independently.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Academic or volunteer experience with campaigns, research or political work.
- A background in environmental issues, health or public policy.
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.