Full-Time Field Sales Representative
Title: Field Sales Representative
Location: Albuquerque, NM or surrounding area
Compensation: $65,000 Base + uncapped commission ($20,000 target) + plus car allowance.
Climate change mitigation requires massive clean energy expansion, yet 77 percent of American households cannot install rooftop solar power due to rented housing, the structure of their rooftop, the upfront cost, or access to financing. Solstice connects households and community organizations to “community solar”—shared solar farms that are installed in a centralized location where local residents can enroll in a portion for free, without any home installations, and enjoy guaranteed savings on their monthly utility bill.
Solstice is an award-winning clean energy company working to put affordable renewable energy in the hands of every household, including low-income populations and communities of color. The clean energy revolution is happening now; Solstice is working to ensure this transition is equitable and widespread by making it simpler and more affordable than ever for homeowners, businesses, and even renters to go solar.
With surging demand for renewable energy, Solstice is poised for significant scale. As such, we are seeking a detail-oriented, driven, energetic, efficient, reliable, and highly-organized experienced Field Sales Representative. This is a sales position with the goal of providing green energy to consumers through different verticals, including municipalities, non profits, and local businesses.
As a Field Sales Representative, you will scope, execute, and grow Solstice’s relationships at a grassroots level, an integral part of Solstice’s overall customer acquisition strategy. Through prospecting, qualifying, and closing partnership opportunities, you will build a book of business in your territory that will enable and empower you to recruit new customers to our solar farms. You’ll focus on building relationships and referrals from trusted partners to develop customer acquisition campaigns.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, entrepreneurial, organized and autonomous, yet still a team player. The role requires high emotional intelligence, strong drive and motivation to stand out, an ability to envision, build and sell an experiential product. You must be able to open and manage a pipeline of trusted partners to leverage their relationships within their community to promote clean energy, at a discount to the people who need it most.
- Achieve or exceed individual customer acquisition goals through field sales efforts
- Manage the entire partner sales cycle from prospecting to commitment through partner enablement
- Drive qualified demand and meet individual growth targets through community partner referral channels
- Grow territory through prospecting of new leads via coordinated networking and general outreach
- Qualify and pitch decision makers on Solstice’s unique partnership value proposition and leverage their employees to help promote clean energy solutions to their customers
- Define, build and manage partner enrollment campaigns to maximize customers acquired per partnership
- Travel throughout the territory and visit existing partners regularly to generate field-based activity to drive growth
- Manage multiple partnerships simultaneously
- Represent the company at industry trade shows and conferences.
- Deliver interactive sales presentations on eco-friendly, green products and services to customers
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Limited overnight travel but representing Solstice at some after hour events will be required.
- 2-4 years of successful B2B, B2C, channel partner sales or organizing outreach experience
- Track record of achieving quotas, targets and goals
- Ability to close business and get the job done
- Ability to prospect and open new business opportunities
- Experience building relationships with local c-level executives (or equivalents) and navigating enterprise level decision making landscapes
- Experience with Salesforce and other sales enablement platforms strongly preferred
- Background or passion for sustainability, clean energy, or related environmental field
- Excitement towards a fast-paced work and startup environment
- A “Do What It Takes” mentality
- Capability to handle customer rejection
- A problem solver; equally excited about the opportunity to solve small problems and big problems as long as they serve a larger mission
- Enthusiastic, positive, and team-oriented; always willing to lend a hand to a team member
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, growing startup environment
- Driven, gritty, and resilient; demonstrated ability to persevere through unanticipated challenges
- Spanish speaking strongly preferred
- Community Organizing & experience enrolling in benefits programs preferred.
As a Field Sales Representative, you will gain:
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Sales mentorship and access to a professional development fund to further your growth
- Hands-on startup experience in cleantech
- Knowledge from and personal interaction with leadership.
- The opportunity to work on two crucial issues that positively impact the world: climate change mitigation and social justice
In addition, every Solstice Power Technologies employee enjoys:
- Competitive salary, dental coverage, and inclusive healthcare, including expense reimbursement for out-of-state reproductive care
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- 401k with matching
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- Paid gender-neutral parental leave
- Five weeks of PTO a year, including when we close the office for ~1.5 weeks in late December each year
- Flexible personal time to allow employees to run errands and go to doctor’s appointments without taking PTO
- A team of passionate, collaborative, dedicated, and empathetic employees
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice but in how we grow as an organization. We always seek to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspectives and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through regular socials, team strategy retreats, and even solar farm field trips. Apply today and get to know us!