Full-Time Field Crew Leader (Resource Conservation)
The Montana Conservation Corps (MCC) is currently accepting applications for AmeriCorps leader positions! Here at MCC, we focus on the growth of our participants, positively impacting our climate and environment, and transferable job skills. Leaders and their crews will camp while working on physically demanding and essential natural resource and conservation projects on some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the Northern Rockies and Plains. Our crew leaders go through a leadership development program crafted over two decades to enhance their confidence, resilience, and technical capabilities. If you are looking for something unique, want to address urgent climate change issues, and want to make a positive impact on the environment, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Location: Bozeman, Missoula, Kalispell and Helena
Program Dates: 2/28/2022 – 10/21/2022
Living Allowance: $837 biweekly before taxes are taken out
AmeriCorps Education Award: $4,546.50 upon completion of the program
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more!
There are multiple benefits with an AmeriCorps Term of Service!
MCC is committed to being diverse, welcoming, and inclusive. We are working to reduce barriers to participating in our programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- High school degree, GED, or willingness to work towards obtaining a GED
- Ages 18-35
- US Citizen, National or lawful permanent resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to eventually hike 3-20 miles per day in terrain that can be steep, rocky or uneven, often wearing a 45lb backpack while carrying tools and sometimes backpacking with full packs of 60 – 70lbs
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use hand and power tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain Wilderness Advanced First Aid/CPR training. (Training is reimbursable to allotted amount/ MCC provides training)
- Demonstrates desire to serve the community and the environment
- Embraces willingness to work long, hard hours in all weather conditions; ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- Commitment to completing term; available for duration of entire term of service
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
- 21 years old on the start date of the program