Full-Time Festival Coordinator
Festival Coordinator, New York WILD Film Festival
The New York WILD Film Festival showcases films about exploration, adventure, wildlife, conservation, and the environment. Through films, Q&As, panels, and special events, WILD is a platform that inspires people to explore, discover, and protect the planet. The 9th annual NY WILD Film Festival will be held March 2-5, 2023 at The Explorers Club in NYC.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in documentary films, conservation and the outdoors and someone who has expertise in production and event planning. The position involves a variety of duties related to planning and execution of the film festival.
In order to be considered, applicants must submit a Cover Letter and Resumé to email@example.com. The position is based in New York City with in-person and virtual work.
Festival Planning & Event Coordination:
- Assist with researching, recruiting and reviewing film submissions
- Manage event logistics with vendors, venues, guests, filmmakers, and speakers
- Oversee ticket sales and on-site check-in
- Recruit, train and manage festival volunteers
Marketing & Communications:
- Assist in the production of newsletters, press releases, and other digital and printed materials
- Develop and execute social media strategy
- Maintain and build new content on festival website (WordPress)
- Organize large lists of contacts, films, and film materials
- Manage volunteers who are screening films
- Organize Advisory Board and Jury meetings both online and in-person
- Track invoices and contracts
- Coordinate travel for filmmakers and speakers
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of Event and/or Production experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Tackle complex logistics with ease
- Resourceful, creative problem solver
- Adaptive multitasker and a fast learner
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to ‘work a crowd’ and manage guest flow
- Bonus: interest in film and/or nature
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- AV savvy
- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Google & Microsoft apps
- Bonus: Adobe apps
TO APPLY: Send a Cover Letter and Resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include LinkedIn and/or social media handles, and where you discovered the job posting.
Note that the contract role does not include health benefits.
Two weeks vacation and standard holidays are included.