Temporary Fellowship: Compliance and Enforcement Program (DC or San Francisco)
The ICCT seeks a highly motivated and committed Fellow who will contribute primarily to research projects in the ICCT’s Compliance and Enforcement Program. The Fellow will contribute to ICCT’s work in support of The Real Urban Emissions initiative, which aims to enable evidenced-based policy and consumer choices through the collection, analysis, and reporting of real-world vehicle emissions data. Representative work can be seen at the ICCT’s Compliance and Enforcement Program page and the TRUE initiative website.
The position can be based in either our San Francisco, California, or Washington, D.C. office. The length of the Fellowship is negotiable, from 9 to 12 months.
- Perform high-quality quantitative research to support the development of local, regional, and national policies addressing the climate and health effects of transportation, particularly on-road vehicles;
- Perform quantitative analyses of real-world vehicle emissions datasets;
- Contribute to blogs, briefing papers, memos, working papers, and white papers to communicate research findings and the policy implications;
- Review and summarize technical and scientific literature;
- Help to organize outreach activities, such as briefings, meetings, and workshops;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in engineering, environmental science or policy, transportation, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in energy, transportation, climate change, air quality, public policy, or related topics; familiarity with environmental and energy challenges in the transportation sector preferred;
- Excellent and demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and research skills;
- Demonstrated experience collecting, critically analyzing, and drawing insights from data;
- Demonstrated proficiency with analytical and modeling tools such as Excel, Matlab, R, Python, or similar tools;
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred;
- Experience working in teams and a collaborative research environment
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position for a duration of 9–12 months. The position will be based in our San Francisco or Washington, D.C. office (remote until the offices reopen). Hourly rate will depend on experience, starting at $18/hour (DC) or $20/hour (SF). The position offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as paid time off after an introductory period. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for the full duration of the fellowship. ICCT does not offer sponsorship for this position.