Full-Time Federal Policy Advocate
The Natural Resources Council of Maine (NRCM), the state’s leading environmental advocacy organization, is seeking a Federal Policy Advocate to lead NRCM’s efforts to influence federal policies and proposals that affect Maine’s environment and people.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Mobilizing communications to Maine’s Congressional delegation regarding critical votes and issues that could affect Maine’s environment, including support for federal investments in climate, clean energy, and environmental protection.
- Coordinating NRCM’s yearlong effort to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Clean Water Act, including a calendar of events, communications, and other outreach strategies.
- Designing, coordinating, and implementing public engagement campaigns related to advancing and defending federal environmental protections.
The Federal Policy Advocate will manage and provide leadership for NRCM’s Federal Program, develop and oversee implementation of federal advocacy campaign plans, and help coordinate NRCM’s federal work with state and national coalition partners. The Federal Policy Advocate develops and maintains relationships with business, civic, and community leaders who advocate on our issues with Maine’s Congressional delegation.
This is a full-time, one-year position based at NRCM’s office in Augusta, Maine, with the possibility of becoming a permanent position. The Federal Policy Advocate reports to NRCM’s Outreach Director.
(During the COVID-19 pandemic, all staff whose job responsibilities can be conducted away from the office have been working remotely, with the option to come into the office on a prearranged basis. NRCM is following state and federal recommendations in establishing guidelines for reopening the office.)
How to Apply
- Application Process: Click here to learn more and apply.
- Please submit both a cover letter and resume for consideration. Applicants who need an alternative way to submit materials may email them as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to NRCM, Attention HR, 3 Wade Street, Augusta, ME 04330. Deadline to apply is February 16, 2022.