Full-Time Passionate Farm Manager position available!!
Are you an experienced farm or agricultural leader ready to bring high energy, leadership, and your expertise to a farm team who are ready to bring their best?
Colonial Gardens & Colonial Farms in Blue Springs, Missouri is paving the way as a special garden center and agritourism destination where plants, food, and farm all connect in one amazing place. With special focus on educating the public through hands on regenerative agriculture experiences, environmental & human wellness benefits, many describe it as a one-of-a-kind experiential destination.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and hardworking individual to become our Farm Manager, that will take ownership of the experiential farm and lead the way in providing the best experiences for the public. We understand that the right individual may not currently be in the Kansas City area so relocation will be provided as well as temporary housing for up to six months upon further discussion.
The wonderful experiences you will find at Colonial Gardens are fueled with farm, food and fun in mind!
- Experiential Farm provides an immersive farm experience with livestock, alpacas, U-Pick orchards, fruit & vegetables production and a market
- Special events, festivals, tours, entertainment, and education are performed throughout the year across the 80-acre campus and courtyard event venue
- Farm to Table Restaurant inspiring community through serving food grown onsite
- Friendly staff of passionate experts on every team
- Gardening center and nursery
The right independent candidate will bring all or most of this experience to the table or will be able to train.
Essential Farm Manager Job Functions:
- Daily care for pastured livestock: cows, sheep, alpacas, poultry, and more
- Administrating prescribed medical treatments and vaccinations
- Administrative ability over inventory of supplies and feeds
- Ability to operate machinery
Greenhouse & Outdoor:
- Crop planning
- Pest & disease management, fertilization program, pruning, planting, etc
- Coordinate fruit production planning with festival and market sales
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable a small team
- Willingness and ability to provide educational information to the public regarding the farm’s attractions
- Partner with events team to attract and facilitate events
Benefits you will Enjoy:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after 30 days
- Generous 401k match with immediate vesting
- Company paid life insurance; STD, & LTD
- PTO that begins after 90 days
- On the job training that prepares you to succeed
- Company culture centered around growth and innovation
- Career development & recognition
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This work takes place in an outdoor farm environment. Extended time may be spent in extreme heat or cold. Work may involve long days and occasional night work as season or animals dictate
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. Stand for long periods, squat, climb, and preform repetitive tasks such as trimming.
Salary: $50,000-$75,000 in lieu of experience!
How to ApplyEMAIL our Recruiter directly with any questions and interest on next steps in your next job opportunity!
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405