Full-Time Farm Manger
Colonial Gardens, located in Blue Springs, MO, was added to our brand family in 2016. Founded in 1969, renovations began in 2017 to create an agritourism destination. It is the garden center, reimagined! We offer a greenhouse, nursery, café and coffee shop, event space, and farmer’s market. It’s where plants, food and farm connect. Educational classes promoting local agriculture and sustainability as well as private events are also offered.
Colonial Gardens & Colonial Farms in Blue Springs, Missouri is paving the way as a special garden center and agritourism destination where plants, food, and farm all connect in one amazing place. With special focus on educating the public through hands on regenerative agriculture experiences, environmental & human wellness benefits, many describe it as a one-of-a-kind experiential destination.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and hardworking individual that will lead the way in cultivating our diverse farm operations. We understand that the right individual may not currently be in the Kansas City area so relocation will be provided as well as temporary housing for up to six months upon further discussion.
We are looking for an experienced vegetable farmer or agricultural leader ready to bring high energy, leadership, and your expertise to a farm team who are ready to bring their best.
The right candidate will have experience in:
- Vegetable Growing (Extended Season and Secession Crop Planning)
- People Management
- Tractor and Farm Machine Equipment
Willingness to grow knowledge in the following:
- Orchard and Small Fruit Growing
- Animal Husbandry
- Soil Fertility
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable a diverse team
- Ability to operate machinery
- Run vegetable growing operations
- Crop planning of Greenhouse & Outdoor crops
- Daily care for pastured livestock: cows, sheep, alpacas, poultry, and more
- Grazing management
- Administrating prescribed medical treatments and vaccinations
- Administrative ability over inventory of supplies and feeds
- Pest & disease management, fertilization program, pruning, planting, etc
- Coordinate fruit production planning with festival and market sales, and partner with events team to attract and facilitate events
- Willingness and ability to provide educational information to the public regarding the farm’s attractions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required: Experience in Specialty Agriculture
- Required: This work takes place in an outdoor, farm environment. Extended time may be spent in extreme heat or cold. Work may involve long days and occasional night work as season or animals dictate
Benefits you will Enjoy:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after 30 days
- Generous 401k match with immediate vesting
- Company paid life insurance; STD, & LTD
- PTO and paid holidays
- Company culture centered around growth and innovation
- Career development & recognition
DCA Outdoor, Inc, is a values based, purpose driven organization in service to our family of 12 brands. We operate in 6 states, have 700 employees with revenues of $99mm. We have revolutionized the green industry through national, vertical integration. An industry leader, our mission is to cultivate growth for our customers, our employees, our company, and our world.
Our Definite Chief Aim (DCA) is to streamline the production and distribution of landscape products. We are focused on growth, innovation, and collaboration, and believe these are the keys to our continued success and will have the highest impact on our world.
We honor our core values and expect our employees to as well. They are work hard, take pride in your work, be optimistic and respectful, show commitment, and continually grow.
We invite individuals who think like we do and will position us for major organizational growth to apply today. Join us in revolutionizing the green industry!
If you meet the criteria for this position, please apply today. Either through this ad or by going to our website at www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
All applicants will be required to take the Culture Index survey. If you’d like to be considered faster, please copy and paste the following into your browser to complete the survey now: https://go.apply.ci/s/A550CC0000
Salary: $50,000-$75,000 in lieu of experience!