Full-Time Farm Manager 2021
Christopher Springs Farm is a diversified vegetable farm located in Cadiz, Ohio, now in its second production year. The 120 year old family farm is being revitalized by owner and operator Emily Wagner and her team. CSF is looking to expand into retail and wholesale markets this season. A farm manager with experience in organic practices and certifications is important to the long term vision of the farm. Christopher Springs Farm is working to build a stronger community from the ground up and is positioned for exponential growth over the next several years with lots of opportunities for smart and creative individuals. We will be opening a retail market with value added products this season and working with creative chefs in the area to highlight our vegetables. A strong marketing plan is in place to highlight our team and growing practices as we increase access to healthy food in the region. Onsite housing is available for the right candidate. We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills to manage a small team as we continue to transition this well-maintained land into a robust, thriving farm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain Farm Operational Plan (encompassing soil health, rotation, fertilizer, cover cropping, composting, high-tunnel use etc.)
- Order supplies, seeds, amendments, necessary tools to operate farm
- Work with partners and food access programming to plan farm production based on customer, CSA, and wholesale needs
- Develop production plan
- Knowledge in organic and conventional growing practices
- Knowledge of winter growing
- Oversee and assist the production crew and trainees in the bed preparation, high-tunnel production, seeding, maintenance, harvesting, washing, packing of food grown on the property, good handling practices etc.
- Maintain and enforce the record keeping required for farm food safety and/or organic certification requirements
- Make adjustments and enhance programming as needed
- 2 year in comparable farm management experience
- Experience working on farms and with production planning and succession planting
- Proficiency in web-based email, Google Suite office applications, and other project management software preferred
- Experience managing employees and volunteers
- Experience working with tractors and farm implements
- Food Safety Training: Certification preferred
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Indoors and outdoors in all seasons and weather conditions
- This position is based on-farm with housing available
- Will require some flex work depending on the season and harvest requirements.
- Seasonal TBD salary. Housing available.
How to ApplyPlease send resume to email@example.com You can also view this posting on our website here.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405