Internship Farm and Food System Fellowship
AMI’s 18-month Farm and Food System Fellowship is an educational program that fully sponsors, trains, and empowers individuals to become teachers and advocates for a food system that is socially, environmentally, and economically just. Selected Fellows spend six months in experiential, residential Farm and Food Study at AMI’s Allegheny Farm Campus, followed by a Community Action Year, applying their training in partnership with regional non-profit organizations.
Farm and Food Study: May 17 – October 27, 2021
- Learn, live, and study with a cohort of passionate individuals dedicated to revitalizing the food system on a remote mountain farm in Highland County, VA.
- Gain hands-on experience in fruit and vegetable production, poultry care, rotational grazing, mushroom cultivation, beekeeping, agroforestry, ecological farm design, food preservation, whole food cooking, and multiple aspects of the food system.
- Explore critical food system issues and deepen farming skills through educational sessions and a diverse range of weekly workshops or field trips.
- Receive a $1,000 stipend upon signature and commitment to the Community Action Year contract. Additional benefits include housing at the Allegheny Farm Campus and farm produce supplemented with whole food staples, plus 3 days of personal leave and 3 holidays.
Community Action Year: January 10 – December 16, 2022
- Put training into action through a year of immersive farm and food work with AMI and community partner organizations in Highland and Augusta Counties, Virginia.
- Build knowledge and skills in farming, food systems, and professional practices through monthly continuing education opportunities, field trips, and workshops.
- Grow through monthly mentorship and support by AMI staff.
- Earn $10 per hour (less payroll taxes, paid bi-weekly). Additional benefits include health insurance, Workers’ Compensation, 10 days of paid time off, and 1 day of wellness leave per month.
How to ApplyApply online at bit.ly/amifellowship2021 Applications received by February 10 will receive priority consideration. All applications are due March 10.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405