Full-Time Facility Manager
The Facility Manager position is a fun and diverse job that entails performing and/or coordinating all aspects of repair, maintenance, and improvement to the building and grounds of “Home on the Range,” one of Billings’ most interesting buildings (and the first LEED Platinum building in Montana).
Your work for the Northern Plains Resource Council will help to protect Montana’s water quality, family farms and ranches, and unique quality of life. For more information, visit www.northernplains.org.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a flexible schedule. You’ll meet good people and you won’t be chained to a desk.
The Facility Manager will:
* Perform periodic tasks as directed (repainting interior and exterior surfaces, repairing broken furniture and equipment, repairing lines in the sprinkler system, setting up signage & conference rooms for special events, etc.).
* Complete all lawn care and gardening tasks, including the coordination of volunteers for authorized events.
* Complete all snow removal tasks including clearing entry ways, driveways, and parking lot as required to maintain safe access for staff and visitors.
* Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with the grounds, structure, and equipment.
* Maintain the general cleanliness and health of the building by completing all required janitorial tasks.
* Solicit, hire, and supervise outside contractors as needed for special projects and specific tasks related to the building’s operation, maintenance, or repair.
* Arrange for the purchase of needed supplies and ensure that receipts and invoices are given to the Comptroller in a timely manner.
* Ensure shared storage and common areas are kept neat and orderly with clear walkways and access to all records.
* Give tours of the building, landscaping, and grounds, including educational outreach related to our urban regenerative soil demonstration project.
* Lead the Home on the Range team; including soliciting agenda items, preparing monthly meeting agendas, facilitating monthly meetings, and reporting out on the progress of decisions and action items identified.
*Assist with fleet vehicle maintenance tasks.
*Obtain and/or maintain a low pressure boiler operator license to facilitate routine maintenance of the building HVAC system.
*Lead the landscaping and regenerative soil project including implementation of design and ongoing monitoring and reporting.
*Monitor and report on renewable energy production and consumption – including working with the website team to develop and maintain the web interface for displaying building data.
The Facility Manager must possess a variety of skills, including:
* at least an entry-level understanding of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems (and basic troubleshooting of each)
* using computers, e-mail, and electronic equipment interfaces to the extent necessary to perform assigned tasks
* taking initiative and proactively resolving problems with the repair and maintenance of the building
* working independently as well as in a team.
The Facility Manager will need to:
* be comfortable performing physically demanding tasks on an intermittent basis
* have the ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently, as well as ability to lift at least 50 pounds occasionally
* be able to push or pull some equipment (e.g., large snow-blower, lawn mower, floor scrubber)
* be willing and able to work outdoors in extreme summer and winter temperatures
* be able to work on potentially uneven or slippery surfaces
* be able to climb and work from a ladder from time to time.
The expected salary range is $35,000-$40,000 per year with an exact rate to be negotiated based on skills and experience. The Facility Manager will be eligible for annual salary increases and performance evaluations.
* health insurance
* paid sick leave and vacation
* eight paid holidays
* employer contributions to retirement
* very flexible working hours.