Full-Time Executive Director
UC Berkeley seeks a dynamic, forward-thinking leader to serve as Executive Director of the Institute for Parks, People, and Biodiversity (parks.berkeley.edu), housed in the Rausser College of Natural Resources. The Executive Director will advance three major initiatives:
1) research and dissemination on climate adaptation strategies for parks and protected areas in the US and abroad;
2) advancing the scientific foundations for the CA 30 x 30 Initiative, and helping policymakers surmount key barriers to its effective implementation; and
3) preparing a new generation of diverse conservation leaders with the right skills and abilities to understand, design and lead using the best available science.
The ideal candidate will have a strong science background and level of accomplishment; demonstrated ability to conduct innovative research on topics related to our three key initiatives, with a strong background in climate adaptation, conservation and/or related policy areas; experience interpreting scientific information to inform policy priorities through coalition building; and a commitment to advancing the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. A values-based scientist who walks the talk on enhancing environmental integrity, they will have a demonstrated commitment to advancing the role of access to parks to improve public health, and to working with policy makers, scientists and those living locally in California (or globally) who advocate for improving access to parks and protected lands for everyday people and historically underserved demographics.
The initial appointment will be for two years with the possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of funding. Review of applications will begin on October 29, 2021. See the full job description and apply at:
How to ApplySee the full job description and apply at this link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03081.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these topics, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired at Berkeley (for additional information go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity).
- 3 required (contact information only)
- Apply link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03081
- Help contact: hailey.hunter@BERKELEY.EDU