Full-Time Executive Director
The Ammonoosuc Conservation Trust seeks an Executive Director who brings a passion for the land and natural resources, an understanding of conservation as a tool for both environmental sustainability and community vitality, and the skills and experience to lead a successful, growing nonprofit organization.
Founded in 1999, ACT is the regional nonprofit lands conservancy for New Hampshire’s North Country, encompassing some of New England’s most stunning landscapes. We have protected over 5,000 acres of working forests, farms, scenic views, critical wildlife habitat, wetlands and waterways, and developed miles of publicly accessible trails. ACT is dedicated to creating an ethic of stewardship of the natural environment, ensuring that nature, the economy, and the community are integrated and mutually supporting. We see great opportunity in helping grow our region’s outdoor recreational economy, inspiring young people to live here, and growing community around shared values of caring for our natural world and each other.
The Executive Director will provide vision and strategic internal and external leadership, working with landowners, partners, donors and funders. The Executive Director is responsible for internal management and collaborative decision-making with staff, Board, committees, and volunteers to ensure the success and long-term sustainability of the organization. In succeeding our founding director, the new Executive Director will need to be a strong relationship-builder, while also paying attention to detail in managing multiple projects and fund development. The Executive Director will be managing an operating budget of $300,000 as well as project-specific budgets, working with a team of 2 full-time and 2 part-time staff.
- Commitment to ACT’s mission of community-driven action to conserve land in the North Country. Demonstrated success in conservation or a related field highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s or graduate-level degree, preferably in the field of natural resources, environmental science, outdoor education, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in organizational leadership and management, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong, inspiring and engaging external communication skills for a variety of audiences, ready to be the public face of the organization.
- Ability to cultivate and navigate relationships with donors, landowners, external partners and alliances, and new project opportunities.
- Experience in collaborative internal leadership to inspire, motivate, respect and support staff and volunteers and maintain a culture of shared leadership and teamwork.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively about land conservation, the future of the organization and community needs.
- Ability to plan, manage, and oversee annual and project budgets, revenue generation, and resource allocation to sustain growth and the long-term viability of the organization. Experience in fundraising, donor cultivation, and grant-writing is necessary.
Location: Franconia, NH with some local and regional travel required.
Hours: This is a full-time 40 hr/week position with partial schedule flexibility and ability to work remotely.
Salary and benefits: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience.
The Ammonoosuc Conservation Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
How to ApplyTo apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405