Full-Time Executive Director
Pennsylvania Certified Organic (PCO), is seeking an Executive Director to further its mission to “Ensure the Integrity of Organic Products and Serve our Farming Community”. The Executive Director will provide strategic direction and leadership for the organization in partnership with PCO’s Leadership Team, Board of Directors, its members, and regional stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for the organic industry and a vision for its future as described by PCO’s core values. A successful candidate will have an established track record of ensuring efficient operations while driving organizational growth, development, and results. In addition, PCO is seeking an individual who has supervised, managed, and nurtured staff members and teams. A proven history of excellent communication skills and the ability to build, cultivate, and steward relationships in a variety of settings are essential to the role. Remote candidates will be considered.
PCO, located in Spring Mills, PA, is a nonprofit, USDA-accredited, organic certifying agency positioned for growth. Founded in 1997, PCO provides organic certification services to more than 1600 member producers and processors in Pennsylvania and U.S. PCO has grown to be one of the top five certification agencies in the U.S. with an incredibly talented and dedicated team of 30 staff, and over 50 contracted inspectors, located in 16 states. PCO is a unique nonprofit, that generates the vast majority of its revenue from a fee for service structure, which allows for opportunities for future development of innovative services and organizational growth.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful executive level leadership in the non-profit, professional services, or related industry.
- Experience or working knowledge of the organic farm and products sector, certification and organic regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
- Experience successfully supervising, evaluating, and supporting staff, and managing effective teams.
- Aptitude for implementing technology-driven approaches to ongoing work processes, leveraging technology for business development, and experience embracing technology and data to inform decision-making.
- Exceptional organizational abilities, and the ability to present PCO persuasively to a wide range of stakeholders representing diverse interests and perspectives.
- Work with a mission-driven organization.
- Participation in a compliance driven, highly regulated industry.
- Collaboration with a Board of Directors.
- Strong change management skills and a commitment to being proactive and building trust among stakeholders.
- A demonstrated history of community involvement
This is a full time, exempt position. Salary range: $92,500-$127,200
Benefits: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; Simple IRA, generous holiday, and paid time off.