Full-Time Executive Director
Pennsylvania Certified Organic (PCO), Spring Mills, PA, is a nonprofit, USDA-accredited, organic certifying agency that educates and certifies growers, processors and handlers of organic crops, wild crops, livestock and livestock products. Founded in 1997, PCO has ensured the integrity of organic products and provided education, inspection, and certification services that meet the needs of its more than 1600 members. PCO has grown to be one of the top five certification agencies in the U.S. with an incredibly talented and dedicated team of 60. PCO is in the unique situation as a nonprofit that generates the vast majority of its revenue from a fee for service which allows for opportunities for future development of innovative services.
Pennsylvania Certified Organic (PCO), is seeking an Executive Director to further its mission to “Ensure the Integrity of Organic Products and Serve our Farming Community” and to empower staff, clients and the organization to realize their fullest potential. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for the industry and a vision for its future. A demonstrated track record of excellent communication skills and the ability to build, cultivate and steward relationships in a variety of settings are essential to the role.
- Experience in and a working knowledge of organic agriculture
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is needed
- Demonstrated track record of successful team leadership experience
- Proficiency with technology
- Working with a mission-driven organization
- Participating in a compliance driven, highly regulated industry
- Collaborating with a Board of Directors
- A demonstrated history of community involvement
If you are passionate about organic farming and want to lead a highly dedicated team in growing the organization & impacting the organic farming community, this opportunity may be right for you!