Full-Time Executive Director
Rangeley Lakes Heritage Trust Seeks Executive Director
The Rangeley Lakes Heritage Trust seeks an Executive Director who will oversee and support the organization’s mission, goals and policies. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director has oversight of a staff of six full-time year round employees including a Stewardship Director, a Program Director, the Office Manager and the Campground Directors. During the summer months there are also seasonal staff and numerous volunteers who report to the Stewardship and Program Directors.
A successful candidate for this position should have experience in conservation, fund raising, and strategic planning. Of particular importance will be a proven track record in fundraising. He/She will be a passionate, creative, visionary thinker, eager to take on the challenges of this growing and exciting organization located in the beautiful lakes region situated in the Western Mountains of Maine.
Founded in 1991, the Rangeley Lakes Heritage Trust (RLHT) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization with the mission “To conserve and steward the natural and historical resources of the Rangeley Lakes region for the benefit of the community and future generations.” Responsible for 13,650 acres of conservation land, RLHT is Land Trust Accredited and Forest Stewardship Council certified, demonstrating our commitment to sustainable stewardship practices and social responsibility in perpetuity. Recognized as a pioneer in community conservation, RLHT has 32 miles of multi-use trails on conservation lands, operates the Headwaters Lake Protection Program, EcoVenture Youth Camp and the Cupsuptic Lake Park and Campground. The Trust has a dedicated and talented staff, and an active and committed Board. For more detailed information about Rangeley Lakes Heritage Trust please visit our web site at www.rlht.org.
Salary range is competitive and includes generous benefits. RLHT is an equal opportunity employer.
● Collaborate with the Board to develop and implement strategies consistent with the organization’s mission
● Provide leadership in program development and financial planning
● Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work
● Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
● Work closely with State and community leaders to promote the RLHT and its activities
● Develop, implement, and lead strategic fundraising plans
● Create capable and proficient fundraising solicitations to individuals, groups, government agencies and corporations
● Identify and nurture relationships that lead to increased membership and donor base
● Collaborate with staff to identify grant opportunities and assist with grant applications and reporting
● Work with the Board to identify and implement development goals
● Develop and implement a planned giving program
● Develop and maintain sound financial practices and reporting
● Work with the staff and Finance Committee in preparing the annual budget
● Oversee bookkeeping and annual auditing and tax filings
● Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
● Be responsible for the recruitment, employment and management of all personnel, including volunteers
● Ensure that job descriptions are updated, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place
● Encourage staff and volunteer professional development
● Maintain a culture that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of high quality people
● Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it
● Maintain consistent communication with all members and donors
● Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals
● Cultivate and strengthen alliances with State Agencies, our Congressional Delegation, as well as local leaders and community members
● Represent the programs and values of the organization to the public
● Develop and implement capital campaign documents to share with prospective donors