Full-Time Executive Director
The Alaska Marine Conservation Council (AMCC) is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to serve as Executive Director (ED). The ED will lead a team of dedicated and seasoned staff to capitalize on recent accomplishments and ongoing successful programs.
The ED is the chief executive officer of AMCC with responsibility for directing the critical functions of the organization: fundraising, operations, financial management, impact evaluation, staff development, partnership cultivation, strategic communications, and programmatic innovation. The ED is hired by and reports to the Board of Directors and has a clear commitment to AMCC’s mission and guiding principles.
The Executive Director will be expected to:
- Provide organizational and staff leadership and engage key stakeholders and partners in undertaking AMCC’s mission.
- Develop and implement a robust revenue generation strategy that diversifies income, strengthens organizational resilience, and increases programmatic delivery capacity.
- Lead AMCC’s fundraising efforts, with a focus on expanding individual donor giving and business support, while maintaining and expanding foundation and government funding.
- Oversee the growth of AMCC’s social enterprise as a mechanism for generating positive programmatic, community, and financial impact.
- Ensure that AMCC is well-managed and staffed for the appropriate mix of skills and talents necessary for its mission, with a highly collaborative culture that connects and nurtures staff across four coastal communities.
- Ensure sound and responsible fiscal management of the organization’s resources and operations across organization systems and functions.
- Work closely in a partnership with and support the Board of Directors to enhance Board engagement around the principles of good governance, organizational stewardship, and financial sustainability.
- Lead creative and adaptive program growth.
- Implement effective systems for monitoring and measuring organizational impact.
- Continue AMCC’s development of strong relationships with communities throughout Alaska.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree; and more than 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to manage a professional and experienced staff team.
- Commitment to the principles, mission and vision of AMCC.
- Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising, including individual giving and grants.
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit financial management, strategic initiative development, and impact assessment.
- Ability to determine meaningful and achievable goals and meet them.
- High level of energy, motivation and dedication.
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented and able to successfully and efficiently manage a significant workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of fisheries and marine conservation policy and the dynamics of Alaska’s fisheries and coastal communities desired.
- Ability to travel frequently inside and outside of Alaska.
Compensation Package: The salary for this exempt full-time position is dependent on experience. Compensation includes a benefits package with generous vacation leave, flex holidays, retirement match, dental coverage, and individual medical coverage. AMCC is an organization that seeks to nurture a healthy work-life balance.
Location and Start Date: This position is based out of AMCC’s main office in Anchorage. The target start date is mid-September, with flexibility for the right candidate for a later start date.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter no longer than 2 pages describing interest and qualifications for the position, a resume with three professional references, and two writing samples, one that is at least 750 words in length. The letter should highlight fundraising results in past positions, leadership experience, any fisheries knowledge, and available start date. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2017. Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews scheduled. No telephone inquiries please.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405