Full-Time Executive Coordinator
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR
Grand Canyon Conservancy (GCC) is the official nonprofit partner of Grand Canyon National Park. As the official philanthropic and collaborative partner of Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon Conservancy’s mission is to inspire generations of park champion’s to cherish and support the natural and cultural wonder of Grand Canyon. GCC raises private funds, operates retail shops within the park, and provides premier educational programs about the natural and cultural history of the region.
GCC is now hiring for the position of Executive Coordinator. The Executive Coordinator reports to the Chief of Staff in support of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position will focus on executive support, including donor engagement and board relations. The Executive Coordinator should be a highly organized and detail-oriented person capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously. Because this role represents Grand Canyon Conservancy (GCC) with high-level donors, the Coordinator must have a professional demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Manage various projects as assigned; anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. The ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is imperative. Duties vary with the workload and may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of the CEO’s calendar and activities to ensure high-value time utilization of the CEO related to external and internal requirements
• Responsible for all operational, logistical, and communication details for donor meetings involving the CEO. This includes meeting scheduling, timely preparation of itineraries, background materials, and research reports
• Works closely with the CEO to ensure she is prepared for meetings, commitments, and presentations. Ensures timely completion of ensuing action items
• Writes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and documents, both internal and external, for accuracy, consistency, and appropriate “voice”
• Handles incoming and outgoing correspondence on behalf of the CEO in a highly professional, confidential, and appropriate manner
• Provides status reports, drafts documents, and conducts research to further the CEO’s fundraising responsibilities. Schedules, manages, and tracks donor and prospect activities for the CEO
• Assists the Chief of Staff with coordination of special projects that support the strategic direction of GCC
• Organizes CEO travel arrangements and coordinates donor travel with the Philanthropy Team as needed
• Prepares monthly expense reports for the CEO in alignment with the financial processes and procedures
• Assists the Chief of Staff with board communications, meeting minutes, and tracking of board annual plan progress, financial commitments, and membership renewals
• Serves as an administrator for the online board portal used for board communication, document storage, and meeting support
• Supports board members’ donor cultivation and stewardship activities (scheduling, providing additional information, and follow-up) and tracks their progress in Raiser’s Edge
• Support the CPO’s activities as the staff liaison for the Philanthropy Committee
• Bachelor’s degree or significant professional experience in a related field
• Three to five years of administrative experience with executive-level support
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook applications including mail merges, database applications, MS Teams environment, email and web searches
• Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, particularly executive level management and development staff
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Previous work in a fundraising office or customer service preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while remaining calm and level-headed
• Well-developed customer service ethic with high expectations for quality and attention to detail
• Ability to support and anticipate CEO and organizational needs as appropriate
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Professional interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
• Ability to maintain confidential donor and management information
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team of highly enthusiastic, dedicated people focused on engaging donors, prospects, and partners in the vital work of our organization
• Experience working in CRM’s or donor management platforms
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, collegiality, adaptability, and resourcefulness with the desire to work in a hands-on, dynamic environment in support of GCC’s crucial mission
• Ability to promote and maintain a positive work environment
• Willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends as required
GCC CORE VALUES
GCC has identified four core values that represent how we interact with our employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and followers. Our values include:
• Integrity: We are honest, respectful, inclusive, caring, and accountable for our actions. We operate at a high level of excellence, utilizing our resources to their best and fullest potential.
• Education: We are a dynamic learning organization uniquely positioned to cultivate the “awe” of the Grand Canyon.
• Service: We embrace our role as a valued partner of the National Park Service at Grand Canyon National Park and will provide the highest level of excellence in every interaction with employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and donors.
• Connection: We foster a sense of wonder and adventure for the Grand Canyon.
• This position is primarily sedentary office work requiring long periods at a desk performing repetitive tasks such as typing and data entry
• Ability to walk outdoors periodically and travel to GCC events
• May occasionally work more than 40 hours per week or on weekends and holidays to meet critical deadlines and for a special function
This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefit-eligible position based in Flagstaff. Salary is commensurate with experience.
GCC provides a comprehensive benefits package including vacation and holiday pay, sick leave, employer-supplemented health benefits package including medical, dental, vision and health savings account (HSA) plan, long-term disability and life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, Canyon Experience Days’ and discounts in our retail stores.
MANDATORY COVID VACCINE POLICY
As the official non-profit partner of Grand Canyon National Park and in compliance with that agreement, GCC has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees must be immunized by vaccination against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption. This policy is designed to protect the health of our workforce and to serve as a public health measure for those within the broader community.
Questions regarding the mandatory COVID19 vaccination policy or the exemption process should be directed to GCC Human Resources.
Grand Canyon Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: Please visit our website at: https://www.grandcanyon.org/about-us/employment/. We ask that you include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405