Full-Time Executive Assistant and Operations Specialist
Iconergy is a growing performance contracting, sustainability, and energy engineering firm with offices in Denver and Boulder. We are a team of experienced energy engineering and design-build professionals who came together to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the built environment.
Iconergy maintains a diverse portfolio of exciting projects, located mainly in Colorado and adjacent states. Our projects include laboratories, health care facilities, K-12, and higher education facilities among others. Our work includes complex and specialized systems that will serve their communities for decades.
We develop each other and the company so that we can continually improve as a team and acquire new knowledge. We connect with one another because it is fun and because our team is stronger as a result. We support one another, especially during crunch time, because we are better because of it.
Iconergy seeks to add an Executive Assistant / Operations Specialist to support our CEO. This individual will leverage his or her expertise to provide organizational and operational support to the CEO to enable him to deliver on his strengths. At the same time, this individual’s services will enhance the organization’s customer-focused reputation and its ability to communicate internally and externally.
This is a newly created position – a first for the firm and for the CEO. You will work with the CEO to establish practices and processes that lead to our collective success. Your persistence and adaptability in light of shifting priorities will enable you to deliver on your commitments. You will proactively identify and complete tasks that you are better positioned to complete than the CEO.
Your work will mean something to both our internal team and to our customers. Your work will be on the critical path to project completion. Your ability to learn quickly, to ask the right questions, and to deliver on your commitments will directly affect our collective success.
You will use your professional experience, emotional intelligence, and critical thinking to build relationships that support the company’s culture and growth. Your appreciation for each team member’s unique strengths and communication styles will enable you to engage the right people for the right reasons.
You will work in a place that encourages you to
- Take pride in the work that you do.
- Share your enthusiasm for our work with the people around you.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand your knowledge and the reputation of the firm.
- Practice and refine your leadership skills on a daily basis.
- Drive efforts to incorporate sustainability into both our internal and external operations.
A day in the life of the successful candidate:
During a typical day, your basic tasks might include the following:
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, enter time and expenses, prioritize emails for response.
- Correspond via email and phone with key team members, partners, and customers.
- Assist with the organization of digital and paper files.
- Support document delivery by proofreading, copying, printing, and binding reports, presentations, and letters.
- Conduct internet and/or phone research to assess options.
Your ongoing special projects may include a variety of operational tasks, including the following:
- Refine and implement systems to manage the successful operation of the office.
- Spearhead the operation of Iconergy’s existing Environmental Management System (EMS) and lead its refinement and incorporation into Iconergy’s operations.
- Research, request approval for, and procure needed supplies and equipment.
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings (e.g. monthly internal meetings, client presentations), including slide layout, content development, and creation of charts and graphs.
We value your ability to learn quickly and take on more responsibility over time. We need you to independently integrate information from various sources, assess priorities, and make decisions with limited supervision.
The successful candidate’s background will look something like this:
- High school diploma or equivalent + 10 years of experience in administrative support role OR Bachelors degree + 5 years of experience in administrative support role, though more experience would be valued.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for sustainability.
- Work experience in construction, engineering, sustainability, and/or professional services is a plus.
- Strong skills in MS Office, with areas of strength in Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
We value teammates who are committed to the Iconergy team and adaptable to potential shifts in the specifics of their role. Our positions are similar to those at other growing firms: they are functions of the marketplace and, therefore, dynamic. We have described the position as it is forecasted from today. We are constantly evolving our services and also addressing client requests that may change the description in a number of ways over time.
The successful candidate will also fulfill all of the following:
- Pass NCIC background check.
- Pass an initial drug test and subsequent random drug tests.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
This position generally works in an office environment and requires nearly constant operation of a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work. It will require you to frequently stand; walk; and stoop, reach, or kneel as necessary to access overhead or low cabinets. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. You will also be required to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Location and Benefits
This position will be located in Iconergy’s office in Denver, which is convenient to mass transit and has accommodations for team members who bicycle to work. Employment benefits at Iconergy include an RTD pass, monthly gym membership reimbursement, 401K, health insurance, paid time off, and performance incentives, among others.
How to ApplyPlease submit the following documents to careers@iconergyCO.com:
- Resume and Cover Letter – Help us understand why you are the right fit for our team. Tell a story, highlight your most applicable skills, do whatever you think will capture the essence of what you will bring to the table.
- Responses to 2 questions – Please provide brief (<150 word) responses to each of the following questions:
- Why is sustainability important to you?
- What interests you about Iconergy?