Full-Time Executive Assistant
About Growald Climate Fund
GCF seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to support our fast growing team and fast moving Executive Team. We are a high-impact venture global philanthropy fund catalyzing the rapid transition to a clean energy future. We believe that philanthropy plays a key role in nurturing new climate solutions, supporting a vibrant civil society, and promoting objective research and analysis for use by governments and key NGO and foundation partners. www.growaldclimatefund.org
You achieve success by being the most prepared person in the room. When other mere mortals panic at a problem, you exude calm and reach into your pocket for your alternate plans. You are passionate about boldly addressing climate change, and have experience supporting a high achieving Executive. You are adaptable and agile with systems of work, both being extremely systematic and organized while also being open and able to pivot priorities when necessary. You are a grammar geek, even down to text messages, and an excellent writer. You are comfortable dealing with a wide range of personalities, ideally including High Net Worth Individuals, and showing highly polished professionalism.
About the Role
The purpose of the role is to make the Executive Team (ED, Chief of Staff, Board) a better, faster, stronger and more effective body. As Executive Assistant, you will be exposed to an extremely wide range of responsibilities. You will support the Board of Directors, prepare briefing materials, copy edit materials and reports, manage the schedule and travel for our ED, as well as generally enable the high performance of the Executive team and board. This is a FLSA Full Time Exempt, In-Person role located in Boston, MA reporting to our Executive Director.
- Support the Executive Director’s workflow and priorities by managing their calendars, scheduling meetings and conference calls, arranging travel, and anticipating steps ahead
- Ensure the Executive Team is appropriately prepared for meetings with all necessary materials, including supporting the preparation of briefing notes, talking points, and presentations, and, when needed, participating directly in meetings and following up with the relevant parties
- Review content and presentations going to the ED to provide the first line of quality control to optimize ED’s time and energy
- Support Chief Of Staff with retreat planning
- Support effective Knowledge management practices and report development and tracking
- Support the ED to manage relations with the Board of Directors, including scheduling and arrangements for Board Meetings, working with the team to prepare briefing materials and presentations for Board Meetings, taking minutes for all board events, and coordinating follow-up as needed
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the work of the ED and leadership team, including anticipating needs from the teams and identifying opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow
- Support ED in public speaking preparation and support organization wide communication strategy implementation
- Proven experience working in a support role to a senior leader
- Proven experience working with a range of personalities and cultures, including ideally working with high net worth individuals Highly organized, strong administrative skills (scheduling and travel), particularly across time zones and international travel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extensive experience with copy editing, report writing, taking minutes and preparing professional documents
- Experience with knowledge management systems
- Possess individual initiative and ability to follow directions and work independently in a small office environment
- Basic knowledge of key issues around climate change preferred, commitment and interest required
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally if needed
- Excellence with Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite including Powerpoint required
- Basic knowledge of updating websites and social media
- International experience, multilingual preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the power of a diverse community and strongly encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. All GCF employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How to Apply
- Please upload your cover letter and resume through Idealist. In your cover letter please share what motivates you to work at the Growald Climate Fund and how your experience in executive support will support our goal of catalyzing the rapid transition to a clean energy future.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.