Full-Time Environmental PMAC Project Assistant I
Galileo Project, LLC provides project management assistance and coordination (PMAC) to federal, state, and local agencies on environmental permitting and planning projects. These projects include renewable energy, transmission, pipelines, and planning efforts among others. Galileo is a woman-owned small business with offices in Tempe, Arizona and Marietta, Georgia.
Note: This job posting is for a full-time, hourly position in the Tempe, Arizona office. Due to COVID-19 safety precautions currently in place at Galileo, this position will initially be a tele-work position. A laptop will be provided to the selected candidate. The candidate must have a working internet connection and phone number. Once COVID-19 safety precautions are lifted, this position will convert to an in-office position in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Additional information may be found on Galileo’s website at www.galileoaz.com.
This position is an entry-level Project Assistant position. Applicant will perform a wide range of administrative activities for project team to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. The job includes the primary responsibility of updating project Microsoft Access databases with incoming information. It may also involve meeting attendance and documentation; assistance with public participation and meeting coordination; and assistance with project documents and correspondence. This position is a great introduction to the National Environmental Policy Act process. Galileo is an expanding firm with considerable growth opportunities.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Data entry to maintain electronic (and hard copy) filing system (administrative records)
- Retrieve documents from filing system (electronic and hard copy)
- Attend and accurately document meetings (teleconferences and in-person)
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax, and mailing
- Organize, update, and maintain project records such as document files and contact lists
- Provide assistance with logistics of public, tribal, and agency meetings
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for project team members
- Coordinate information relevant to project assignments from multiple sources
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
Experience and Education:
- Experience with customer service
- Experience working within a team environment
- Working knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is a plus
- Note-taking or writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, environmental resources, public policy, or related area a plus but not required
- Minimum of high school diploma and three (3) years’ work experience
Skills and Specifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (certification a plus)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite is a plus
- Reading comprehension and ability to summarize large amounts of information coherently
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks
- Multi-tasking, using personal judgment, and utilizing strong decision-making skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to different projects and management styles
- Customer service orientation
Wages and Benefits:
- This position pays $16 per hour.
- Galileo offers a generous benefits package including health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation and sick leave.
- Health insurance is available at the beginning of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Vacation and sick leave are available after 90 days of employment. 401k participation is available at the beginning of the month following 180 days of employment.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume, cover letter, and references for the position to Maria Martin via email@example.com. Note that applications that do not include all documents may not be considered.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405