Full-Time Environmental Consultant – Policy and Program
Reporting into New York City Head Office. Location flexible
Hours of Work:
Full time or part time, Full time = 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 8:30am – 5:30pm.
$75,000 -$100,000 per annum (full time)
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do.
Eunomia work primarily in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, circular economy, low carbon energy, marine planning and climate change mitigation. We employ around 120 staff and have offices in the UK, Brussels, Athens, New York, and Auckland.
Our client base in the North America includes, state governments, multi-national consumer goods companies, equity investment funds as well as international NGO’s. Our unique offering to our clients includes being able to transpose best practices from Europe where we are head quartered, to the North America market.
Our desire to lead by example, and our enthusiastic and supportive team, makes Eunomia a stimulating and rewarding place to work.
We are recruiting a full-time permanent Environmental Consultant whose focus will be on working with a range of clients of current and emerging policy development and implementation as well as managing a range of projects and programs related to the circular economy. The successful candidate will have 4+ years’ experience in the waste and resource management sector.
The successful candidate will primarily work closely with – and be mentored by – our experienced senior staff on the wide portfolio of projects that Eunomia undertakes, relating to waste and resource management, GHG reduction and environmental policy. Essential requirements:
- Excellent data research and, collection and analysis skills
- In-depth knowledge of current waste and resource management policy in the US and Canada including Extended Producer Responsibility; Deposit Return Systems; Recycling Content etc.
- Knowledge of circular economy business models and programs
- Proven ability to manage multi stakeholder groups and collaborations
- Excellent primary research, including designing and conducting interviews and surveys.
- Ability to project manage multiple projects
- Educated to at least a degree level or have equivalent level of experience
- Excellent all round IT skills including proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team of co-workers, clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to identifying opportunities within their network and progress these with support from senior management
- Demonstrable experience of strong verbal and written communication skills including report writing.
- Proven ability to present to wide range of audiences in person and via webinars, video conferencing
- Demonstrable experience of applying creative, practical, common sense thinking to solve real-world problems.
- Understanding of environmental justice and equity issues and solutions
- Experience of working within a circular economy consultancy
- Network within waste and resource management industry
- Knowledge of European circular economy policy
- Understanding of reuse systems
401K retirement plan with Employer contributions up to 4% of salary, on a match funding basis from 6 months after employment
If you are sick, we will pay up to 7 days per calendar year of sick leave (pro-rated for part years), with no carry over to the following year
On the 1st of the month, you will have 1X earnings basic life & AD&D, STD & LTD employee paid
On the 1st of the month from the date of hire, you will be eligible for a Health plan with employee contribution up to the value of:
Employee Only $685.00
Employee + Spouse $750.00
Employee + Child(ren) $700.00
Employee + Family $950.00
15 days annual leave entitlement rising by one day for each additional year’s service to a maximum of 20 days (pro-rated for part year depending on start date). Plus 8 public holidays (pro-rated for part year working).
Volunteering: 2 days a year paid to volunteer
Wellness benefit: $120 per quarter contribution to wellness activities
Eunomia embraces equal opportunity in the workplace and in throughout the recruitment processes. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team of brilliant, exceptional individuals. We therefore welcome and enjoy receiving applications from all candidates, and do not discriminate based on age, disability, sex, gender confirmation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin and race. We typically have a high number of applications and reserve the right to close our vacancies before the closing date.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered all applications should be submitted to [email protected], please include the following:
- A cover letter summarizing your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
- A resume