Full-Time Salesforce Administrator (Multiple Location Options)
The coming decade will be critical in determining the future environmental health of our region, our nation, and our planet. The Southern Environmental Law Center has a central leadership role to play, so we are accelerating efforts to identify and engage a growing circle of friends who can help sustain our powerful organization and further SELC’s mission. The Salesforce Administrator position is pivotal in helping us realize this vision.
The Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) deployment. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce platform. She/he will be responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform.
This is a full-time position supervised by our Director of Development, Operations. We prefer for the position to be based in our Charlottesville, VA Headquarters office, but will give consideration to qualified candidates near one of our offices in our six-state region. SELC currently has a hybrid work model of at least 3 in-office working days and 2 at-home working days, per week. We’re requiring all staff to be vaccinated and boosted and to provide proof of vaccination to work in our offices.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce NPSP environment with 25+ users
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce integrations with Pardot, Classy, Capital Canary (formerly Phone2Action), and iWave
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with users to define and document development requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years of experience as a Salesforce administrator; experience with NPSP preferred. Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity. Extensive experience training and supporting new and existing users.
- Familiarity with fundraising and grants management.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude. You are self-driven and have excellent time management skills. You feel confident shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment. You have a documented history of meeting deadlines and successfully driving projects to completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You can translate the back-end system functionality to front-end users so that it’s easily understandable.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills. You enjoy solving problems and tackling new challenges — and you know when it’s time to ask for help.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have a genuine interest in and commitment to helping SELC create and foster a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. You engage in ongoing personal learning and are eager to contribute to our organizational efforts to be a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Collegial, collaborative team player. You enjoy learning together with your teammates and helping others to succeed in their work as well. You bring a collaborative attitude to engaging with other team members and external stakeholders alike.
The Southern Environmental Law Center is one of the nation’s most powerful defenders of the environment, rooted in the South. With a long track record, SELC takes on the toughest environmental challenges in court, in government, and in our communities to protect our region’s air, water, climate, wildlife, lands, and people. Nonprofit and nonpartisan, the organization has a staff of over 200, including more than 100 attorneys, and is headquartered in Charlottesville, VA., with offices in Asheville, Atlanta, Birmingham, Chapel Hill, Charleston, Nashville, Richmond, and Washington, DC.
At our core, we are place-based, rooted in our region, and connected with the communities and clients we serve. We believe in an equitable and inclusive workplace that reflects the rich racial and cultural diversity of our region and allows diverse perspectives to come to the forefront. We approach our work with the highest level of integrity, holding ourselves to high standards with an emphasis on honesty, accountability, and thoughtfulness. We value collaboration and camaraderie, realizing we are strongest when we work together and knowing that everyone has a critical role to play. We strive for impact through a strategic, bold, pragmatic, and ambitious outlook that is dedicated to achieving powerful results. We believe in these values and in the power of SELC. We hope you consider joining us. Learn more at https://www.southernenvironment.org/.
Compensation: SELC offers salaries competitive with other leading environmental non-profits nationally and provides an excellent benefits package. The starting salary range for this position is $60,000-$80,000, commensurate with experience. For more details about our benefits, please visit our Careers page.
How to Apply
- To Apply: To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below to be directed to an online application where you may upload your application materials. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Cover letters should be directed to the Director of Development, Operations. Interested persons should apply immediately, however applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.