Full-Time Energy & Regulations Policy Analyst
With a background in Energy Regulation, an ideal candidate would be a creative, resourceful, and diligent researcher and advocate with a deep commitment to inclusive and progressive environmental and economic policies that address historic and contemporary inequities.
- Conduct research and policy analysis that serves as a foundation for the Center’s advocacy
- Engage directly in advocacy efforts (policymaker engagement, communications, education, etc.)
- Support the advocacy of others (coalitions, peers, frontline communities, etc.).
Primary focus on federal issues (about 2/3 of time) while also engaged in state-specific issues, such as North Carolina’s decarbonization plan (about 1/3 of time).
Location and Travel
This is a fully-remote position. The Center operates in a virtual work environment with employees working from their home offices. Proven ability to work from home and collaborate with others remotely is strongly preferred. For staff in Washington, DC, metropolitan area, the Center hosts monthly in-person staff meetings (subject to COVID-related considerations). The candidate can expect attendance at DC-based events (congressional hearings, agency hearings, coalition meetings, etc.) subject to COVID related considerations. The Center is a member of the Open Gov Hub which offers work and meeting space as well as other resources for its members.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: The salary range for this position is $68,000 to $78,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The Center contributes to the cost of health and dental insurance, including employee dependents. Premiums are deducted from employee paychecks on a pre-tax basis. Full-time employees may participate in a 401(k) retirement plan with automatic 2 percent contributions from the Center. The Center offers generous vacation, holiday, personal, parental, and sick leave.
How to Apply
- To apply, please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position, resume, brief writing sample, and, if applicable, links to your work reflecting your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. All applications will be acknowledged promptly. No phone calls please. This job announcement can also be found here.
- If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please send an email request to email@example.com.
- Start Date: December 1, 2022, or when the position is filled.