Full-Time Energy Manager
RIFE International is an award-winning, global energy-efficiency and sustainable construction services firm offering solutions to government, institutional, and commercial entities. We specialize in providing tailored services aligned with best practices that allow our customers to reduce operating expenses and maximize ROI.
We are currently seeking an experienced Energy Manager to play a key role in our company. This opportunity will allow you to use your creativity and innovation in the continued growth of our Energy Efficiency Solutions division. In this role you will support various aspects of energy and sustainability coordination in support of various government and commercial projects located throughout the Mid-Atlantic U.S. region. The ideal candidate will have a background and prior in energy efficiency and sustainability experience from working with an electrical trade-related company and will possess exceptional problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies energy efficiency strategies for all project types (new construction and existing buildings).
- Produces high-quality technical reports suitable for both technical and non-technical audiences. Prepares documentation for monetary incentives and building rating systems.
- Works independently, prepares proposals, and supports business development activities. Provides technical leadership, mentoring, and training for internal staff and external design teams on how to implement energy-efficient design.
- Leads a team of analysts and simulation experts to support various project needs and requirements.
- Models and analyzes energy use in buildings based on the guidelines or requirements of ASHRAE, LEED, utilities, and other state or local code jurisdictions.
- Leads teams in conceptual energy design and proposes energy efficient alternatives to design teams.
- Coordinates and supports in the analysis of sustainability related issues with architects, engineers, and other design professionals.
- Performs audits of existing buildings and systems and identifies improvement strategies.
- Self-perform or instruct others in performing targeted building performance measurements including energy, water, airflows, water flows, temperature, humidity, illuminance levels, and other building performance related parameters.
- Gather the most important data during a site visit to make strong and appropriate improvement recommendations.
- Evaluates code requirements and propose interpretations, as applied to energy savings opportunities.
- Performs cost analysis of energy efficiency measures. Strong understanding of building controls systems.
- Generates Measurement and Verification plans for small retrofit projects or large whole building projects.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management and 5- 10 years of leadership experience managing construction.
- Experience performing energy audits and existing building commissioning Strong knowledge and experience of building controls systems.
- Professional registration in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred. Knowledge of green building practices and LEED Rating System.
- Strong engineering background and understanding of systems and applications in buildings and facilities, including mechanical, electrical, automation, and architectural disciplines.
- Experience with Energy Plus, CBECC-Com, EnergyPro, Trace 700, IES and other related energy simulation software, preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, and Sketchup and other related production software.
- Experience and understanding in interoperability between 3D modeling, BIM, and simulation software.
- Proven ability to resolve complex design and simulation problems. Ability to quickly identify and resolve simulation issues and errors. Ability to perform effective and time efficient parametric studies.
- Ability to perform comfort studies, daylight studies, computational fluid dynamic and other relevant building performance related simulations.
- CEA, CEM, BEMP, HPBP, LEED AP or related certifications preferred.
- Strong spreadsheet and analytical skills required
Rife offers an excellent work environment with opportunities for growth. We offer competitive benefits that include medical, dental vision and company paid group life, disability, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave and 401k plan. We offer competitive compensation along with an incentive earnings program. Ready to grow your career? Apply to Rife today!