Full-Time Energy Engineer
Our team shares a common passion for mitigating climate impacts and being the best at what we do. We bring that passion to every client and every project. We are growing our team and seeking a PE-certified Energy Engineer to be part of that mission. Your experience in engineering design, familiarity with MEP construction, and strong project management skills will create success for our clients and for RPM.
For Our Clients
- Perform on-site evaluations to identify efficiency and operational opportunities at client facilities
- Develop building load analyses, models, and other evaluation studies
- Design energy and water-related projects
- Serve as owner’s agent from initial concept through bidding, installation and commissioning
- Support project coordination between clients, outside vendors and efficiency program providers
- Track and communicate project results
- Maintain clear, concise written and oral communication in all interactions
- Provide project design and PE seal services
- Support engineering drawing development
- Manage project progress and budgets, keeping the CEO abreast of status and issues
- Maintain open communication channels with clients and internal staff
- Build relationships with vendors, installers, utility partners and others
- Continuously develop your knowledge in new technologies and procedures, software opportunities, utility incentives, government grants and programs, etc.
- Share your technical expertise with your colleagues
- Support business development efforts as required
- BA/BS in engineering, computer science or other related technical fields
- PE certification required
- Up to five years’ experience as a fully licensed Professional Engineer
- CEM preferred but not required
- Desire to take on new challenges and learn new technologies
- Ability to think outside the box
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High degree of professionalism and trustworthiness
- Outstanding collaboration, communication and customer skills
- Attention to detail and follow-up are essential
- Ability to travel locally as needed
Familiarity with the following
- HVAC systems and controls
- Refrigeration systems
- Building automation and control systems
- Power quality and reliability improvements
- Utility rate structures and efficiency programs in the New England region
- Solar PV, solar thermal, wind, CHP other on-site generation technologies
RPM is passionate about helping companies develop and implement sustainability strategies that serve their mission and protect the environment. Our culture promotes collaboration, personal growth, curiosity and empowerment. Self-motivation, flexibility and passion will make you a perfect fit for our team.
We off a competitive salary and bonus program based on individual and company performance. Benefits include PTO, paid holidays, employer-matching 401(k), health insurance contribution, tuition reimbursement, flexible work hours and the opportunity to make an impact within the company and in the world.
RPM is an equal opportunity employer.