Full-Time Energy & Climate Research Analyst
As part of a new initiative on renewable energy, Global Energy Monitor seeks an Energy and Climate Research Analyst to develop its Global Renewable Power Tracker.
According to the IPCC, we have only a decade to make massive and unprecedented changes in the global economy to avoid dangerous climate change. To meet that challenge, Global Energy Monitor is creating trackers that provide detailed information at the facility level on all aspects of the power sector, including renewable sources.
About Global Energy Monitor
Global Energy Monitor (GEM) is a network of researchers developing information for the worldwide climate and clean energy movement. Since the organization’s founding in 2007, GEM’s research has become an essential tool for activists, journalists, policy makers, and scientists. GEM’s data and reports are used and cited by organizations ranging from Greenpeace to The Wall Street Journal. GEM’s information is used by Bloomberg Terminals, the International Energy Agency, the IPCC, Climate Analytics, Carbon Tracker Initiative, and scores of others.
Position Summary and Duties
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Energy and Climate Research Analyst will develop GEM’s Global Renewable Power Tracker (GRPT), as well as assisting with other GEM projects.
Note: GEM does not have a central office; employees work from home offices and need not be based in the United States.
Specific duties include the following:
- Creating, formatting, and updating wiki pages on wind, solar, and hydropower facilities.
- Creating and updating wiki pages on issues related to renewable power.
- Using spreadsheet and database software to develop tools for analyzing the renewable at the regional, national, and international levels.
- Analyzing industry and Global Renewable Power Tracker data to assess industry trends and movement success.
- Writing blogs, articles, and reports summarizing research findings.
- Representing research findings at meetings, conferences, hearings, and other public events.
- Creating visual presentations of findings using presentation graphics and online tools.
- Working with software developers to develop websites for presenting tracker results.
- Assisting third-party researchers in academia, NGOs, governments, and business organizations seeking to use the Global Renewable Power Tracker.
- Providing miscellaneous editorial support for GEM publications, such as proofreading, data preparation, and development of figures and charts.
Global Energy Monitor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment determinations at GEM are based exclusively on the needs of the organization, specific job requirements, and a candidate’s individual qualifications. These determinations are made without regard to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion or belief, age, physical, mental, and/or sensory disability, sex, orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, medical history, or military service. GEM is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Experience and Skills
The following are requirements:
- Professional-level writing skills. Applicants must provide at least five examples of published work.
- Experience in energy/environmental research and analysis.
- Experience in international research and collaboration.
- Strong research skills, including attention to detail, scrupulous adherence to documented fact, resourcefulness in using online search tools, and basic knowledge of environmental and social impacts of fossil energy production, governmental and business institutional structures, and the global political context of energy.
- Demonstrated facility with computers, software, and professional social media.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including experience in summarizing and presenting data.
- Knowledge of wiki formatting; demonstrated ability to master additional technical skills as needed for data development and analysis.
- Commitment to social and environmental justice.
Python programming experience is recommended but not required.
Pay and Benefits
This is a full-time, 40-hour-per-week, work-from-home position. The salary is $84,897 per year.
- Paid health, vision, dental insurance
- Long-term disability and worker’s compensation insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match
- 4 weeks paid vacation, plus holidays, sick leave, and other leave
How to ApplyPlease apply at the link below: https://bit.ly/3rPR1TX Only applications submitted via this link will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and this listing will remain open until filled.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405