Part-Time Elementary Farm Supervisor
Position: Elementary Farm Supervisor
Salary Range: Range 21 on Classified Salary Schedule
Work Year: 10 months/hours vary
Deadline: Until filled
• A.A. degree or equivalent required, including or supplemented by courses in closely related field preferred.
• Satisfactory work history
• Successful experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
The farm supervisor under the supervision of the school principal; oversees the maintenance and operation of the Ohlone Elementary School Farm, which is both a working farm and an outdoor classroom. This is done in collaboration with parent volunteers, the Ohlone Farm Council, and Ohlone staff.
Specific Duties Include:
• Supervise individual students or groups of students under the guidance of the
• Supervise individual students or small groups of students during farm activities
• Supervise students both inside the farm science classroom and during outside activities;
• Other duties as assigned
• Oversee the overall health and well-being of all animals;
• Oversee the maintenance and care of all areas of the farm;
• Meet with Ohlone Farm Council on a monthly basis to communicate needs;
• Create tasks lists for monthly Farm Work days and attend weekend work days 6-7 times per year;
Essential Skills Include the Ability to:
• Carry out physical tasks related to farm care and maintenance;
• Knowledge of gardens, plant cycles, seeds, soil, compost
• Acts as a resource to teachers and parents;
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with parents, staff, and students;
• Comfortable around large livestock
• Comfortable with assessing fix-it projects around the Farm
• Professional work ethic
• Instruct and plan learning activities under the guidance of the classroom teacher;
• Assume a high level of responsibility and independent activity;
• Meet physical and/or mental requirements associated with the tasks outlined in this position description;
• Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, judgment and poise;
• Express oneself clearly, orally and in writing;
• Supervise large groups of students;
• Operate the copy equipment, computer and audio-visual equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, turn, talk and hear, and taste and smell. The employee frequently is required to use hands to write, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must
occasionally lift arms above shoulders to point, reach, touch, pull or lift.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work environment includes working directly with young children. Employee will occasionally work at a computer.
PAUSD is an equal opportunity employer with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state and local laws.
How to ApplyClick here to apply online. You can also download a copy of the job announcement via this link.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405