Full-Time Electric Vehicles Researcher or Senior Researcher (San Francisco or Washington, DC)
The ICCT seeks a highly self-motivated and enthusiastic Researcher or Senior Researcher to help grow our wide-ranging research on electric vehicle technology, charging infrastructure, and associated policies. Representative work can be seen at this link to the ICCT’s electric vehicles page. We hope to fill a position either in our San Francisco, California or Washington, D.C. office as soon as possible.
- Develop and lead complex projects, including collaborations with multiple ICCT team members and external partners;
- Supervise and/or mentor ICCT interns, fellows and research staff;
- Support top global policy needs with critical analysis of best-practice policy action to promote the deployment of electric vehicles with regulation, local policy, incentives, and charging infrastructure;
- Quantify energy-saving, emission-reduction, and cost implications of electric vehicles;
- Collect data and maintain databases on vehicle technology data;
- Analyze electric vehicle charging infrastructure-related questions;
- Facilitate rich policy and technical exchanges for policymakers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, science, transportation, or related field;
- At least 7-9 years of applicable experience with demonstrated project management and staff supervision (for Senior Researcher position) or at least 5-6 years of applicable research with project management experience (for Researcher position)
- Demonstrated interest and experience doing technical analysis and writing reports related to electric vehicle technology, vehicle policy, and charging infrastructure;
- Excellent demonstrated skills in data collection, research, analytical methods, and drawing conclusions from analytical research;
- Exceptional interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus reading and writing proficiency in a second language strongly preferred;
- Superior proficiency with MS Office and applicable data collection and analysis software; and
- Great organization and collaboration skills, combined with flexibility and a positive attitude.
This is a full-time position located either in our San Francisco, CA or Washington, D.C. office. We offer a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package, including group health insurance, a 401(k) with 7% matched contributions, and a transportation subsidy, among other benefits.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter, resume, the three most relevant technical research reports primarily written by the applicant (links to other applicable reports within your resume are also welcome), and the contact information for three professional contacts. Please submit all materials as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please state your preference for position level (per the description above) and location: “EV Senior Researcher – SF;” “EV Senior Researcher – DC;” “EV Researcher – SF;” or “EV Researcher – DC.” Please state your ideal start date and salary requirements. No calls, no follow-up emails, and no recruiters, please. ICCT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405