Full-Time Electric Vehicles Researcher or Senior Researcher (San Francisco or Washington, DC)
The ICCT seeks a highly self-motivated and enthusiastic Researcher or Senior Researcher to help grow our wide-ranging research on electric vehicle technology, charging infrastructure, and associated policies. Representative work can be seen at this link to the ICCT’s electric vehicles page. We hope to fill a position either in our San Francisco, California or Washington, D.C. office as soon as possible.
- Develop and lead complex projects, including collaborations with multiple ICCT team members and external partners;
- Supervise and/or mentor ICCT interns, fellows and research staff;
- Support top global policy needs with critical analysis of best-practice policy action to promote the deployment of electric vehicles with regulation, local policy, incentives, and charging infrastructure;
- Quantify energy-saving, emission-reduction, and cost implications of electric vehicles;
- Collect data and maintain databases on vehicle technology data;
- Analyze electric vehicle charging infrastructure-related questions;
- Facilitate rich policy and technical exchanges for policymakers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, science, transportation, or related field;
- At least 7-9 years of applicable experience with demonstrated project management and staff supervision (for Senior Researcher position) or at least 5-6 years of applicable research with project management experience (for Researcher position)
- Demonstrated interest and experience doing technical analysis and writing reports related to electric vehicle technology, vehicle policy, and charging infrastructure;
- Excellent demonstrated skills in data collection, research, analytical methods, and drawing conclusions from analytical research;
- Exceptional interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus reading and writing proficiency in a second language strongly preferred;
- Superior proficiency with MS Office and applicable data collection and analysis software; and
- Great organization and collaboration skills, combined with flexibility and a positive attitude.
This is a full-time position located either in our San Francisco, CA or Washington, D.C. office. We offer a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package, including group health insurance, a 401(k) with 7% matched contributions, and a transportation subsidy, among other benefits.