Full-Time Electric Vehicles Associate Researcher
The ICCT has an immediate opening for a highly committed, self-motivated individual to join us as a full-time Electric Vehicles Associate Researcher. The position is located in the CBD area of Beijing, China and will involve work with US-based program team staff to support our efforts toward vehicle efficiency, emissions, and electrification policies in China.
The selected candidate will support research projects on emerging issues in the electric vehicle technology and policy sectors. Research topics may include technological trends of electric vehicles in China, global and real-world EV performance, regulatory test protocol, performance regulation, and EV incentive policy design. Among other things, the candidate will:
- Collect, compile, and maintain datasets of electric vehicle technologies in China and globally;
- Conduct vehicle technology trend, statistical, and spatial analyses of electric vehicle data;
- Survey central and local policies relevant to developing and deploying electric vehicles;
- Support the writing of technical reports, policy briefings, and articles to summarize ICCT’s research for key stakeholders;
- Support in the development of outreach materials such as infographics and blogs;
- Facilitate communication and support the development of new relationships with stakeholders (industry, policymakers, etc.);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese and strong abilities in spoken and written English;
- M.S. in engineering, environmental science, policy, economics, statistics, or related discipline, or a B.S degree with 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent and demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and programming skills in Excel, Python/R/Matlab, ArcGIS;
- Experience with EV technology and policy is highly desired;
- Demonstrated interest in vehicle technology, climate change, air quality, energy, environment, public health, or related topics; familiarity with environmental and energy challenges in the transportation sector preferred.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package will be commensurate with experience. Opportunity for international travel and training.