Full-Time Ecological Restoration Technician
- Working alone or in teams to control invasive species/noxious weeds region wide.
- Operation and field maintenance of hand tools and herbicide application equipment.
- Planting native plants in urban forests, wetlands and riparian areas.
- Communication with Crew Lead and Project Manager for efficient execution of scope.
- Clear reporting of progress to supervisors and other team members.
- Informed decision making with regards to technique and scope execution.
- Use of herbicide application equipment.
- Use of hand-held mobile technology and paper maps.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for restoration work in demanding environments
- PNW native and invasive plant identification skills
- Understanding of individual species attributes and habitat preferences.
- Washington State Driver License and clean driving record.
- Ability to interpret complex directions and apply them to multiple tasks on multiple sites.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. 1/2 mile over extremely rough terrain in all weather conditions.
Currently live in Seattle or within 25 miles.
- Working knowledge of Northwest ecology and habitat forming processes
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication style
- Ability to drive truck and trailer
- Experience with use of herbicide, safely and efficiently