Full-Time Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Senior Program Manager
This role can be based in either Greentown’s Headquarters in Somerville, MA or in their new office in Houston, TX.
At Greentown Labs, we see with clear eyes the universal challenge that climate change poses. Founded by entrepreneurs, we are a climatetech incubator bringing together startups, corporations, investors, politicians, and many others to shape the best future. We believe each solution becomes greater when combined with others in a community of changemakers who are driven by the possibilities to power the climatetech revolution.
Since 2011, Greentown Labs has steadily grown from an initial lab in Cambridge, to a 100,000 square foot campus in Somerville, and a newly opened 40,000 square foot facility in Houston, Texas. Our mission is to foster a passionate community of entrepreneurs committed to solving the world’s biggest climate and environmental challenges by providing the resources and labs they need to succeed. We are equally committed to building an equitable and inclusive climatetech ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups.
Greentown Labs is excited to hire a dynamic, collaborative Senior Program Manager to expand its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) community initiatives and support our startup members on their DEI journey. To save the planet from the effects of climate change, we need the strongest teams possible positioned for global success.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and has strong program management and facilitation skills. This is a terrific opportunity for someone deeply passionate about DEI and building an inclusive community. This position will help Greentown expand its DEI-related community initiatives, focused on four critical components: (1) Foster a culture of inclusivity within Greentown’s community, (2) Empower future generations and create pathways to employment in climatetech, (3) Leadership development for founders to build diverse and inclusive teams, and (4) Identify concrete goals and strategies, along with metrics for measuring progress.
This position reports directly to Greentown’s Sr. Director of Community and will work in close coordination with the community team, as well as Greentown’s DEI Steering Committee.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Your work as DEI Senior Program Manager will focus on the following key objectives:
Fostering a culture of inclusivity within Greentown’s community
- Spearhead planning and execution of DEI-focused workshops and trainings
- Formalize Greentown’s DEI Community Working Group to establish community goals and strategies
- Work with the community team to support and develop Greentown Labs’ affinity groups: BIPOC at Greentown, Pride at Greentown, and Women of Greentown
- Assist with the creation, localization, and distribution of resources
- Manage and contribute to the development of community outreach strategies related to DEI community initiatives
Empower future generations and create pathways to employment in climatetech
- Spearhead event planning and execution of programming: educational tours and/or interactive activities with students and events to raise awareness of careers in climatetech
- Manage internship opportunities and relationships with multiple stakeholders across school and university partners
- With the support of the Marketing and Communications department, support Greentown’s annual Career and Internship Fairs
- Liaison with IncubateEnergy network, neighbor organizations and other relevant regional startup support organizations
Leadership development for founders to build diverse and inclusive teams
- Facilitate the creation of a toolkit that helps startups navigate best practices to scale in a just and inclusive way
- Support the Startup Leadership in Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (SLIDE) Program
- Support Underrepresented Founders monthly roundtable
- Assist with the creation and distribution of specific training and dedicated programs for underrepresented founders
Identify concrete goals and strategies, along with metrics for measuring progress
- Lead the assessment of Greentown’s community DEI-related activities
- Design and conduct annual demographics survey, using recommended best practices for DEI data collection
- Review and analyze (DEI and education program) trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the programs
- Provide administrative support for grant requirements and ensures objectives and reporting requirements are met
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Mission-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude and collaborative leadership style
- At least two years working to foster community in some capacity (professionally or personally)
- Hard-working, organized, and enthusiastic, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Resourceful, creative, collaborative, with a knack for connecting people and forging meaningful relationships
- Experience with project management, time management, event management, and customer service with the ability to manage multiple projects and change priorities in stride
- Experience using digital marketing tools such as Mailchimp, mail merge, CRM, and social media marketing management
- Experience working at a startup or within a startup ecosystem, and a passion around building community
- Able to thrive on teams and also work independently to meet big goals
- Experience in the cleantech, climate action, or environmental industry is a plus
- Experience in a formal DEI position or DEI leadership role is a plus, including in a volunteer capacity
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Greentown offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position begins at $76,000 and is commensurate with experience. This role can be based in either Greentown’s Headquarters in Somerville, MA or in their new office in Houston, TX. In addition to a competitive salary, Greentown Labs also offers:
- A flexible, fun, supportive working environment; working alongside amazing people tackling the planet’s biggest challenges;
- Generous parental leave policy and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance and 401k plan; and
- The opportunity to work at the largest climatetech incubator in North America which includes an awesome community of mission-driven entrepreneurs and endless networking opportunities.
TIMELINE AND HIRING PROCESS
We will review and respond to all applications received. While subject to change, candidates elected to advance throughout the process can expect an initial phone interview with Positively Partners, an interview with the Hiring Manager and for finalists, an interview day with Greentown Labs staff, including a robust and holistic reference check process. Expected start date is March 2022.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Greentown Labs seeks to fully represent our community and constituencies—particularly low-income communities and communities of color—to amplify those voices and provide opportunities to participate in the direction and leadership of the organization. We actively encourage candidates from broad, diverse backgrounds to apply.
Greentown Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
How to ApplyTo apply to this position, please have an updated resume ready and a thoughtfully written cover letter to the attention of the Greentown Labs team. You can submit your application through the online portal run by our recruiting partners, Positively Partners. For assistance in completing the application, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will follow up.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405