Full-Time Director of Solid Waste and Recycling
Located in northeast Oklahoma, Broken Arrow is the fourth largest city in the state with an estimated population of 110,000 people spread out over nearly 60 square miles. The City is located in Tulsa and Wagoner counties and is part of the Tulsa metropolitan area which has a population of almost one million. From 2000 to 2010 U.S. Census Bureau numbers show the City grew by 32% making it one of the fastest growing incorporated municipalities in Oklahoma. Broken Arrow is also home to the third largest manufacturing hub in the state with many employees working in the energy sector. Residents in Broken Arrow enjoy a high quality of life characterized by low crime, high performing schools, affordable housing, and easy access to many parks and recreational facilities.
The City of Broken Arrow leadership team exemplifies Servant Leadership. Everyone has value and can accomplish great things when inspired by a purpose beyond themselves. The next Solid Waste and Recycling Director should value employees and inspire them to be the best versions of themselves As a leader, the Director will be an example for employees to follow and will be able to cultivate employee engagement.
The next Solid Waste and Recycling Director will have demonstrated success in the following critical areas:
- Departmental staffing: trains, assigns, directs schedules, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines personnel.
- Development of staff to understand work-related responsibilities to improve service, performance, and assist in their professional development.
- Assessment of operational performance using established standards, information, and analysis to drive innovation and cost containment.
- Focus on understanding citizen needs and taking appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Strategic planning of goals, annual operating objectives, and key performance indicators to position the department for success.
- Continuous improvement of solid waste and recycling processes and procedures.
- Utilization of sustainable and environmentally friendly practices.
- Preparation and administration of the operations and capital budgets.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, business or public administration, or a course of study related to the occupational field, supplemented by five years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
The annual salary range is $98,816 to $158,106.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGROpenRecruitments
For more information on this position contact:
Gary Holland, Senior Vice President
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGROpenRecruitments. The specific recruitment for this role can be found here.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405