Full-Time Director of Information Systems and Technology
Director of Information Systems and Technology
The Climate Reality Project
Department: Information Systems and Technology
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Operations
Direct Reports: Systems Developer, Systems Tester and Trainer, Helpdesk/Administrative Specialist
The Climate Reality Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded and chaired by former US Vice President Al Gore, is seeking an experienced Director of Information Systems and Technology. This is a full-time salary exempt position. Climate Reality’s mission is to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of society. As part of this effort, we work to elevate racial and environmental justice as central issues in the climate movement today.
General Overview: The Director of Information Systems and Technology oversees the organization’s technology infrastructure and operations, ensuring the staff of Climate Reality can successfully execute their advocacy-based work. This position manages a department and team of support staff and provides ongoing guidance to the team regarding IS and IT priorities and strategic direction. The Director is a member of the senior management team responsible for overseeing all technical aspects and integration of online platforms used by Climate Reality. This position will work closely with internal departments to manage integration projects, ensure systems are meeting data collection needs, and the staff have the tools and technology they need to perform their roles.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocation to the DC office may be required.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the strategy, design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of Climate Reality’s information systems and technology infrastructure.
- Manage a department of 3-4 staff, providing them with daily and long-term direction and prioritization. Provide management oversight to ensure IS/Tech projects are delivered within appropriate budgets and timeframes.
- Oversee integration of systems with organization’s CRM (Salesforce) and other platforms such as EveryAction, Phone2Action, Ringlead, Paragon, Form Titan, Reality Hub, Climate Action Now app. Work closely with the digital communications team to oversee the backend of the organization’s website.
- Work closely with executive team and staff to ensure proper data tracking to measure programmatic results and ensure the ability to extract data needed for reporting to relevant teams and donors.
- With systems developer, oversee design and development of custom forms for training applications, grant applications, and other forms. Oversee testing of the forms before going live.
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships and contracts with external vendors as needed.
- Oversee the effective delivery and maintenance for integrations, outsourced technical projects, in-house development and configuration to verify organizational alignment.
- Evaluate technology needs and make recommendations to decision makers. Research and recommend new tools, products, data gathering and analytics practices.
How to ApplySend a resume and cover letter to: ISTjobs@climatereality.com
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405