Full-Time Director of Information Systems and Technology
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time, salary exempt position to work with the IST Department.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states:
CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocation to the DC office may be required.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
The Director of Information Systems and Technology oversees the organization’s technology infrastructure and operations, ensuring the staff of Climate Reality can successfully execute their advocacy-based work. This position manages a department and team of support staff and provides ongoing guidance to the team regarding IS and IT priorities and strategic direction. The Director is a member of the senior management team responsible for overseeing all technical aspects and integration of online platforms used by Climate Reality. This position will work closely with internal departments to manage integration projects, ensure systems are meeting data collection needs, and the staff have the tools and technology they need to perform their roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the strategy, design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of Climate Reality’s information systems and technology infrastructure.
- Analyze IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating and logistics costs.
- Manage a department of 3-4 staff, providing them with daily and long-term direction and prioritization. Provide management oversight to ensure IS/Tech projects are delivered within appropriate budgets and timeframes.
- Oversee integration of systems with organization’s CRM (Salesforce) and other platforms such as EveryAction, Phone2Action, Ringlead, Paragon, Form Titan, Reality Hub, Climate Action Now app. Work closely with the digital communications team to oversee the backend of the organization’s website.
- Work closely with executive team and staff to ensure proper data tracking to measure programmatic results and ensure the ability to extract data needed for reporting to relevant teams and donors.
- With systems developer, oversee design and development of custom forms for training applications, grant applications, and other forms. Oversee testing of systems before going live.
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships and contracts with external vendors as needed.
- Oversee the effective delivery and maintenance for integrations, outsourced technical projects, in-house development, and configuration to verify organizational alignment.
- Evaluate technology needs and make recommendations to decision makers. Research and recommend new tools, products, data gathering and analytics practices.
- Direct security strategy for all supported domains, hardware and applications.
- Oversee testing and training programs for all supported hardware and applications.
- Oversee department staff who manage the helpdesk and daily administrative operations in the DC office including usage of Zoom, Box, Outlook, Apple computer equipment, printers, copier, preparing laptops for new employees, install upgrades and virus protection software, etc.
- Prepare budget, strategy and status reports for executive leadership.
- Oversee IT infrastructure for Climate Reality Action Fund (c4) when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Extensive hands-on experience in the design, development, and implementation of information systems.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects and collaborate with groups and partners of various technical skill levels to complete them on time and budget.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to think strategically and work tactically. Attention to detail key.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in technical aspects of nonprofit advocacy organization preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce, EveryAction, and/or similar advocacy platforms and integration.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across teams, managing in all directions to complete projects.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
PREFERRED START DATE: October 1, 2021
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to: ISTjobs@climatereality.com
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405