Full-Time Director of Industry Partnerships
Director of Industry Partnerships at Clean Energy for America
Clean Energy for America (CE4A) is looking for a talented and mission driven “people person” to grow and engage our network of clean energy professionals. The ideal candidate has 4-6 years of membership or clean energy industry experience.
CE4A is a fully remote organization, and this role can be performed from anywhere in the United States. Non-standard work hours may occasionally be required to accommodate meetings and activities with members across multiple US time zones. The minimum starting salary for this position is $75,000 annually, with the potential for higher compensation depending on experience and qualifications. CE4A also offers a healthcare stipend and generous leave policy.
Who We Are
Clean Energy for America is a new organization on the national climate and energy scene. We are a network of nearly 20,000 members, supporters, and allies driven by a common goal to decarbonize our economy and protect our planet. Our mission is to build lasting power within the clean energy community by uplifting, engaging with, and advocating on behalf of the industry’s workforce. We are committed to highlighting innovation in this space, telling the stories of the workers and leaders who are bringing clean energy technologies into communities and changing the shape of the energy and economic landscape, and cultivating new champions at the local, state, and federal levels to make the clean energy transition a top priority for leaders at every level of government.
The CE4A team is a small – but mighty – collection of political junkies and former campaigners from the environmental and clean energy sector. We are still very much in “startup” mode and are looking for teammates who are fun, flexible, and creative to help us build and grow the organization.
About the Role
The Director of Industry Partnerships will be responsible for recruiting, supporting, and engaging our membership and volunteer network as well as leading our clean energy story bank program. This person will engage our network of clean energy professionals and companies from across the country to collect and amplify stories that showcase the depth, breadth, and value of the clean energy workforce. The IP Director will also be responsible for membership services, database maintenance, and developing member-facing communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Tracking and collecting and elevating clean energy stories from CE4A members and the broader community;
- Reviewing and processing all membership and subscription applications, including review and data entry;
- Tracking membership trends and developing strategies and activities to respond to membership engagement and retention challenges;
- Developing and managing member-facing content such as weekly newsletters, blog posts, and Slack communications;
- Coordinating and managing membership recruitment and retention events such as receptions, educational events, and attending industry conferences.
- Assisting the Executive Director with Board outreach and coordination;
- Assisting with developing funder proposals, donor reports, and other fundraising activities.
Who We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate for this position is a detail-oriented “people person” with a passion for promoting clean energy and addressing climate change. This person knows how to recruit volunteers, engage business leaders and the public, identify captivating public narratives, and motivate others to act while also keeping up with the data and administrative tasks necessary to keep the trains running.
We are also looking for someone to compliment our existing team and workplace culture. This person should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, proactively take on new tasks and responsibilities, and be able to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
- 4-6 years of experience working in membership, recruitment, sales, customer service or a role that requires similar skills – preferably within or connected to the clean energy industry;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Outstanding organizational skills and detail oriented;
- Ability to multitask and comfortable working in a remote environment;
- Proficiency in Google Suites and demonstrated experience in CRMs or other database management;
- Have a personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability;
- Positive attitude and a team player;
- Familiarity with clean energy or environmental issues.
How to Apply
- To apply, send your resume, three professional references, and a brief (150 words or less) cover letter detailing why you want to work for CE4A to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the position in the subject using this format: “IP Director – First Name Last Name”.
- Clean Energy for America is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
- This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy for America makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.