Full-Time Director of Diversity and Justice Initatives
The Director of Diversity and Justice Initiatives oversees the organization’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice trainings and will work with the SVP of Diversity and Justice to establish this new Climate Reality Project department. This position manages and leads training in support of internal and external diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice needs. The director will lead internal and external trainings for staff and domestic and global Climate Reality Leaders and volunteers. They will work in consort with the SVP to bring about culture change to arm the organization and volunteers with the tools needed to be an equitable partner in the fight for climate justice. The Director is a member of the senior management team. This position will work closely with internal departments to manage culture change and measure the success of the organization’s diversity and justice initiatives organization wide.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage, design, and lead a training program that integrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice into the work across teams at The Climate Reality Project.
- Designs DEIJ training modules for each Climate Reality global branch.
- Support the organization with restorative and transformative justice models to resolve internal and external conflict.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Diversity and Justice to build out the new Diversity and Justice departmental goals and metrics.
- Works closely with the Senior Management Team to provide training on equitable management practices.
- Works closely with SVP of Diversity and Justice to strengthen equitable practices across the organizations – from vendor selection to recruiting.
- Works closely with the SVP of Diversity and Justice to assure that DEIJ is integrated across The Climate Reality Project organization.
- Works closely with the SVP of Diversity and Justice to identify gaps in the organization’s diversity and justice work globally.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience working with frontline communities on environmental and climate justice issues.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in gradually progressive leadership roles in academics, politics and/or advocacy.
- Oral fluency in Spanish, Hindi and/or Mandarin Chinese.
- Extensive organizing and training experience from a lens of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
- Familiarity with DEIJ nomenclature, practice, and accessible content needs.
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects, collaborate with diverse stakeholders and meet people where they are.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Lived experience with marginalized communities valued over theoretical knowledge.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
How to ApplyPlease Send a pdf file of resume and document answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Why do you want to work for The Climate Reality Project?
- The Climate Reality Project is committed to finding just solutions to the climate crisis – how have you used diversity and justice strategies in your past work? Please tell us about a time when you demonstrated commitment to underrepresented or underserved communities?
- Describe your most successful training experience – how did you measure your success? What was the greatest lesson that your trainees took away from it?
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405