Full-Time Digital Outreach Manager
The Natural Resources Council of Maine (NRCM), the state’s leading environmental advocacy organization, is seeking a Digital Outreach Manager. This newly created position is an exciting opportunity to join NRCM’s outreach team in a position that will help design and execute NRCM’s online organizing strategy. Primary responsibilities include: developing and helping implement NRCM’s digital outreach and mobilization efforts by bringing innovative organizing tactics to NRCM’s digital advocacy strategies; utilizing NRCM’s database and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems to assess results, make data-driven decisions, and target online organizing strategies; and streamlining NRCM’s digital advocacy communications.
The Digital Outreach Manager coordinates with staff across the organization to implement leading edge digital engagement strategies that motivate action by NRCM members and supporters to help protect Maine’s environment. This is a full-time position based at NRCM’s office in Augusta, Maine, but will involve remote work while the pandemic persists.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with online organizing for issue or electoral campaigns.
- Excellent computer skills and prior experience or aptitude with internet applications including email, electronic advocacy, CRM or related data systems, social networking systems, database management, and other web applications. Preferred candidates will have prior experience and expertise with Raiser’s Edge NXT, Salsa Engage Online Advocacy, VAN, Zoom, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Great communicator. Ability to present complex information in creative and accessible ways. Exceptional writing and editing skills, and ability to follow and suggest protocols involving multiple staff across departments. Demonstrated skills in writing, design, and production of online campaign materials. Good judgment is essential, as the successful candidate will act as a spokesperson for the organization online in various platforms. Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong background in advocacy, electoral, and/or public interest issue campaigns with the ability to learn environmental policy issues quickly and communicate complex issues in simple and persuasive terms.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team setting where direction may change quickly and without notice. Ability to work independently, manage priorities, and meet deadlines.
Develop and help implement NRCM’s digital outreach strategy and mobilization efforts.
- Develop and engage an active and expanding online network of NRCM supporters. Create a digital outreach plan to cultivate conversations and connections with new and existing contacts through online platforms.
- With members of the Digital Team, deploy innovative tactics to engage members, activists, and the public with NRCM’s advocacy agenda through NRCM’s online platforms (e.g., Zoom, member database, CRM, social media), including innovation, streamlining, best practices, and testing.
- Research, launch, and manage new digital advocacy tools such as VAN, an advocacy texting program, virtual phonebanks, etc. to keep NRCM on the leading edge of online advocacy.
- Working with the Social Media Manager, cultivate and engage social media influencers and activists with large online networks.
- Play a lead role in managing digital initiatives for NRCM, including Maine Brewshed Alliance and targeted geographic outreach.
- Provide additional capacity for webinars and other online events, including activist trainings.
Data Management and Analysis
Utilize NRCM’s database and CRM systems to assess results, make data-driven decisions, and target online organizing strategies. Coordinate with members of the Digital Team.
- Help lead and manage NRCM’s utilization of data analysis and targeting of advocacy contacts in NRCM’s digital databases (Raiser’s Edge, Salsa Engage, and VAN). Work with Database Manager to create systems and guidance for advocacy staff to gather and enter data to expand outreach contacts in NRCM databases. Set up system for tracking advocacy contacts in NRCM’s databases and work with Advocacy program staff to develop outreach and engagement plans.
- Work with members of the Communications Team to use Google Analytics to help drive data-driven digital advocacy communications across multiple online platforms.
Streamline NRCM’s digital advocacy communications.
- Work with Advocacy Communications Director, Outreach Coordinators, and members of the Digital Team to streamline NRCM’s digital advocacy communications including: emails, blog posts, action alerts, social media posts, and other digital communications to ensure consistency of messaging and design across multiple platforms. Assist in implementing message strategies for issue campaigns.
- Working with Outreach Coordinators, prepare action alerts and other communications with NRCM’s electronic advocacy software/CRM.
- Work with Social Media & Creative Services Manager to track and evaluate growth and engagement of social media platforms. Ensure that the use of social media platforms for advocacy purposes is strategic, creative, and adapts to trends and updates.
Working at NRCM
NRCM strives to provide a supportive work environment through fair and competitive compensation and benefits, up-to-date equipment and IT support, adequate supervision, and ongoing professional development. The work environment is friendly, fun, cooperative, and very fast-paced. Staff members need to be able to work independently and adapt to changing priorities. We are committed to ensuring that our staff members actively work on diversity and inclusion in the field. This work is supported by staff policy, training, and mentoring, and through fostering an organization that prioritizes fairness and respect.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 25.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405