Part-Time Digital Outreach Manager
EVHybridNoire is seeking a part-time Digital Outreach Manager to lead our organization’s digital communications work and build our online presence. The ideal candidate will have experience leading winning digital advocacy and/or marketing campaigns targeting diverse constituencies. They will be deeply committed to advancing issues of equity and justice, and have at least some understanding of how those issues intersect with transportation. This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join a small but quickly growing organization, take on a lot of responsibility from Day 1, and make a difference in one of today’s most exciting issue areas.
EVHybridNoire is the nation’s largest network of diverse electric vehicle drivers and enthusiasts. A Black-led organization with a passionate and dedicated team, our mission is to advance EVs and other e-mobility solutions–and ensure those solutions are inclusive and equitable. We engage with communities often left out of e-mobility discussions, advocate for e-mobility solutions in underserved communities, and shift the narrative about e-mobility to be more inclusive of diverse populations. Specifically, our work involves a mix of grassroots engagement, media outreach, research, speaking engagements, and advocacy and decision-maker education. That work spans many aspects of e-mobility and equity, including climate justice, workforce development, public health, multimodal mobility and creative financing of e-mobility solutions. We’re currently focused on growing our organization to meet growing demand for our advocacy efforts and thought leadership.
The Digital Outreach Manager, who can work remotely from anywhere in the continental U.S. and reports to the Deputy Director, is responsible for the following:
- Leading the development of an overarching online outreach strategy, as well as annual and quarterly goals and metrics for our digital communications work
- Developing compelling content (video, text, graphics and images) for sharing via social media, SMS, email, our website and other online platforms
- Drafting longer blog posts and other written pieces, and editing written material from other team members
- Managing our organization’s email and social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter to start), including posting our own content and interacting with partners’ and other opinion leaders’ accounts
- Managing any substantial updates to our website, as well as more regular content updates and website maintenance
- Planning and managing online webinars, meetings and larger video conferences
- Pitching story ideas and written pieces to both traditional and ‘new’ media outlets
- Building and nurturing working relationships with traditional media outlets as well as bloggers, influencers and other communication leaders in our space
- Staying abreast of the latest best practices in online outreach strategies and technologies, and implementing those best practices into our work
- Drafting updates on our online outreach work for internal and external audiences
We’re seeking candidates who can connect well with diverse audiences, have strong project management skills, and thrive in a start-up environment. You should have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an online communications or outreach role
- Experience creating compelling online content for social media
- Excellent writing skills, and superb attention to detail
- Familiarity with transportation electrification broadly, and some understanding of how e-mobility intersects with issues of equity, diversity and justice
- Experience applying an equity lens to online outreach and/or other public communications
- Comfort with and experience in learning new issue areas quickly
- An understanding of best practices for online outreach via social media and email
- Experience developing metrics for online outreach, and adjusting outreach efforts accordingly
- Experience with Sprout Social is preferred
- An entrepreneurial and self-driven approach to problem solving
- A proven ability to juggle and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision (ideally in a remote working environment)
Annual salary range for 20 hours per week is $24,000 – $30,000, commensurate with experience. While this position will begin as a part-time position, there is potential for it to evolve into a full-time position as our organization grows in the coming months. EVHybridNoire is an equal opportunity employer with a justice-centered mission, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume to Nathan Willcox, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405