Full-Time Digital Organizer
Digital Organizer Job Opening
Progress Florida is hiring an experienced digital campaigner ready to help us win a more progressive Florida. You will work closely with the Florida Communications and Research Hub, the Floridians for Reproductive Freedom Coalition, and the state’s leading progressive organizations to win critical issue battles in the Florida Legislature, Congress, and other arenas. This role will also work as part of a team to secure victories on Election Day for candidates who put the public interest ahead of powerful special interests.
We are looking for someone who has experience working with, and ideally from within, diverse communities, and embodies a strong work ethic, creativity, keen attention to detail, and a passion for winning social change.
Founded in 2008, Progress Florida promotes progressive values through digital organizing, media outreach, new and traditional communications strategies and tactics, and close collaboration with Florida’s leading progressive organizations.
The Florida Communications & Research Hub is a partnership between Progress Florida and Florida Watch that provides communications infrastructure for Florida’s progressive organizations and coalitions. Progress Florida’s digital organizing is driven by quantitative and qualitative research used to create engaging, authentic, and Florida-specific content to support our mission.
- Run powerful digital campaigns on issues that include civil rights, reproductive freedom, economic fairness, environmental protection, fair courts, healthcare reform, better public schools, restoring our democracy and more.
- Monitor daily events and breaking news, looking for opportunities to create creative and engaging digital campaigns on “hot”, profound, compelling issues.
- Grow and nurture our email list of progressive Floridians — deepen support, increase engagement, raise small donor money, and expand the number of monthly sustainers.
- Writing content for online actions, fundraising appeals, websites, social media, infographics, memes, and other creative.
- Maintain and grow Progress Florida’s social media presence with engaging, relevant content and organic and paid network growth tactics.
- Track key metrics throughout our digital program and look for opportunities to test and improve our emails, online fundraising, action campaigns, digital ads, and social media content.
- Work closely with the Florida Communications & Research Hub team on digital strategies and tactics to help win electoral and issue campaigns.
- Two or more years’ experience in digital organizing or communications work with advocacy organizations or political campaigns.
- Excellent persuasive and creative writing skills.
- The ability to boil complex issues down to a single sentence, meme or graphic.
- Experience (preferred, not mandatory) with nonprofit/advocacy CRMs like NGP/EveryAction, Action Network, ActionKit, etc.
- Experience managing social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Able to work the flexible hours necessary in a rapid-response, political campaign style environment, including some weekends.
- Excellent judgment and discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects.
- A passion for advancing progressive issues, electing progressive candidates, and a desire to make the world better.
Great to haves
- Spanish language proficiency.
- Experience working in multi-racial or cross-economic status settings.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML.
- The ability to produce creative graphics or video for use in email alerts, social media, and websites.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation range for this position is $33-$55k and depends on relevant experience and education. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, needs-based student loan assistance, a retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, parental leave and long-term disability insurance. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Location and Travel
Florida — any city. This is a remote position with a virtual office setup. Travel requirements are minimal — mostly in-state a few times per year with one or two out of state trips per year for training, conferences, and staff retreats.
How to Apply
- To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Progress Florida is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.