Full-Time Digital Director
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a vibrant coalition of 13 national environmental, environmental justice and public health organizations working together to drive ambitious, durable federal action to cut carbon pollution, address the climate crisis and accelerate the transition to clean energy with equitable, fair and just policies centered on justice, jobs, and health. CAC supports more than 60 partners and allies, nationally and in key states, working together to rally public support and motivate decisionmakers to tackle the climate crisis. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/
The Climate Action Campaign seeks to hire a Director of Digital Communications to lead strategic online communications and engagement for this coalition of diverse environment, justice and public health organizations.
CAC’s Digital Director has three primary areas of responsibility: (1) developing creative, compelling and persuasive content that drives paid and social digital campaigns, organizes online communities and mobilizes digital actions; (2) coordinating digital activity to ensure message discipline across CAC member groups, partners, allies and key elected officials; and, (3) provide strategic counsel and creative solutions that advance CAC’s campaign goals and metrics.
The Digital Director:
- Develops and leads strategies that use digital tools to engage and mobilize people to support CAC’s network, advocacy, and mobilization goals.
- Strategizes, coordinates, and manages CAC’s digital programs including email outreach, list building, website development and maintenance, social media engagement and digital advocacy.
- Works closely with the digital teams from CAC coalition groups and partners to help expand the reach of CAC’s communications by creating and refining messaging and materials for use coalition-wide and with key partners and allies.
- Finds new audiences, increasing traffic to CAC’s digital platforms, building awareness of CAC’s policy priorities, and overseeing growth of CAC’s digital assets.
- Supervises CAC’s digital team, sets, implements, and tracks progress toward departmental goals, and is an active participant on the campaign’s Leadership Team.
- Advises campaign leadership on digital best practices and creative solutions to reach and engage the coalition as well as targets, stakeholders, activists and allies.
The ideal candidate is an experienced digital communications professional, with seasoned creative, design and digital skills, exceptional writing ability, superior organizational and management skills and desire to work in a very collaborative, creative coalition-based atmosphere. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, propose, and manage a strategic digital communications plan that advances the campaign’s goals while incorporating digital innovations and trends into CAC’s work
- Oversee long-term strategy and day-to-day digital team operations, including the creation and distribution of social media guidance, design and placement of digital ads, creation of shareable content, design and maintenance of campaign microsites
- Collaborate on the development and deployment of campaign messaging and branding for major moments and key initiatives, building digital materials for CAC and its diverse partners and stakeholders
- Collaborate with the State Operations and Government Relations teams on innovative digital campaigns designed to influence key stakeholders including elected officials and state and local leaders
- Develop and distribute materials for use by key allies like congressional committees and caucuses and priority members of congress
- Oversee the development and adoption of online tools to optimize advocacy efforts across the environmental community as well as track engagement and trends to implement on CAC platforms and channels to increase engagement
- Establish ambitious yet achievable metrics to measure growth and efficacy of the digital program, CAC’s digital assets, and partner engagement with CAC priorities and messaging as well as digital materials
- Make budgeting recommendations and manage KPIs and metrics, making adjustments as needed
- Manage the digital and creative teams (including the digital content coordinator, digital and social media coordinator, digital and creative strategist and graphic designer) and external partners, vendors and consultants
- Work in collaboration with communications and digital consultants and propose and manage creative paid and organic digital campaigns on behalf of CAC and coalition members
- Manage internal projects and cross-departmental activity/programs
- Deliver regular reporting on metrics, progress and status of digital programs
Who You Are
CAC seeks to be a first in class rapid response campaign that is results oriented and strives for continual improvement. A successful candidate for this position is a mission-driven, hardworking, creative outside- the-box kind of thinker who demonstrates excellence in all areas of their work who has/is:
- At least 4-7 years of experience managing staff, projects and budgets
- Excellent political and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Understands how to set and follow strategy and is proactive in tracking progress to goal
- Eager to contribute ideas and strategize with other members of the Campaign no matter the size and scale of the project at hand
- Experience managing large and complex campaigns within a coalition a plus
- Experience managing consultants, vendors, and principals
- Strong writing and editing skills of all digital content
- Organized with the ability to anticipate capacity needs of team members and takes initiative to offer support
- Track record of good political judgment and management of external and internal coalition reactions and responses
- Take direction from and communicate decisions to colleagues in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Committed and excited to grow our digital operation in 2022 and beyond
This position reports to the Senior Communications Strategist.
The Fine Print
CAC staff are currently fully remote. However, once it is safe to do so, CAC staff will continue to work remotely and will be asked to come to our DC office for at least 1-2 in-person meetings per quarter depending on department. Staff will work East Coast hours regardless of their location.
The target salary for this position is $95,000 based on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyApplication Process:
- To apply, please submit a resume and two samples of your work to http://www.thegriffinpartnership.com/searchjobs
- Successful applicants will receive a phone screen conducted by the staff of The Griffin Partnership and be asked to complete a Questionnaire regarding their experience. The next round of interviews will involve a virtual interview (over Zoom) with members of the Climate Action Campaign Hiring Team. After that interview, finalists will be asked to complete a skills-based exercise. There will be another interview with other team members of the Climate Action Campaign before a successful applicant is chosen. Reference checks will be conducted prior to presenting an offer to the successful candidate.
- The hiring process is on a fast track and application s may only be accepted for a limited period of time. We hope to have someone start the beginning of March. If you require reasonable accommodations so that you may participate in the selection process, please call Sybil Griffin at 313 549-5925 or email at email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405