Full-Time Digital Content Manager
As a Digital Content Manager with SELC, you get the opportunity to be an integral part of the communications team working to educate, engage, and mobilize online audiences on a full range of environmental issues of particular importance to the South—clean air, clean water, energy, forests, coastal protections, and land and community decisions.
If you wake up every morning wondering how digital strategies can mobilize people to support environmental issues, we want you. The Content Manager will play a role in writing everything from social media posts, action emails, newsfeed blogs and web copy for priority campaigns and ongoing work with an eye toward educating, engaging, and activating various audiences. You will oversee community management, including monitoring and engaging online audiences from supporters to reporters, and outreach to partner groups. You have knowledge of email programs such as Mailchimp and Blackbaud Luminate and how to design an ads campaign in Facebook Ads Manager that engages and grows audiences.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Digital Editor, and it will be based out of the SELC offices in Charlottesville, VA.
Criteria for Consideration:
- 2 – 4 years digital experience, preferably at an advocacy or legal nonprofit.
- Strong writing and comprehension skills. As the voice of the South’s leading environmental organization, you’ll need to be able to package complex legal issues for a range of platforms, moving with ease between long-form blogs, 280 character tweets, and action emails that drive conversions.
- Familiarity with digital platforms and eagerness to learn. In addition to demonstrated experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, you are able to navigate Facebook ads manager and have familiarity with email CRMs (Blackbaud Luminate), advocacy tools (Phone2Action), website content management systems and digital management tools (Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, CMS, etc.).
- Data driven and results oriented. You don’t take a broadcast approach to digital. You know how to monitor engagement. From likes, comments and shares to open and click rates, you’re looking for opportunities to optimize and expand reach and contribute to ongoing reporting of these functions
- Project management enthusiast. You understand how a range of digital platforms (web, emails, social, ads, etc.) work together to form a campaign – and you are able to manage communications for multiple campaigns at the same time.
- Highly organized. You are self-driven and have excellent time management skills. You can manage shifting priorities in a fast paced environment, all while keeping an eye on your inbox and responding to emails in a timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You bring a collaborative attitude to engaging with other team members and external stakeholders alike.