Full-Time Digital Campaign Manager
As a Digital Campaign Manager with SELC, you get the opportunity to be an integral part of the communications team working to educate, engage, and mobilize online audiences around a full range of environmental issues of particular importance to the South—clean air, clean water, energy, forests, coastal protections, and land and community decisions.
From campaigns to protect clean water or clean up toxic coal ash pits, the Digital Campaign Manager responsibilities range from developing and implementing overall campaign tactics to the creation of messaging and cross channel content, and managing paid media and budgets. You will work closely with legal and communications teams to develop implementation timelines and build cohesive campaign narratives; and you will work with external consultants and vendors to place strategic advertising aimed at engaging new supporters and mobilizing them to action. You must have the ability to analyze data and a deep knowledge of the KPIs by which to measure the success of digital campaigns.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, and it can be based out of SELC offices in Charlottesville, VA or Atlanta, GA.
Criteria for Consideration:
- 2 – 4 years digital experience, with demonstrated success running digital campaigns for an advocacy or legal organization or consumer brand.
- Strategist to the core. You live and breathe theory of change. You know a strong digital strategy requires a clear target (“power mapping” is your past time) and a motivating call to action. You understand how digital interacts with other strategies – legal, legislative and communications – to create a cohesive and powerful campaign.
- Campaign planner and coordinator. You can draft a campaign calendar in your sleep. You understand how a range of digital platforms (web, emails, social, ads, etc.) work together to create an online drumbeat that reaches supporters where they are and mobilizes them to action.
- Deep knowledge of digital platforms and solid advertising chops. You are a pro at implementing digital strategies with experience using email CRMs, social media platforms, content management systems, and advocacy tools. Beyond that, you have experience with digital advertising (including backend knowledge of Facebook and Twitter ads manager and Google AdWords). You know how to develop strategic targeting and optimize campaigns to increase ROI. And you are on the lookout for the latest trends in digital advertising.
- Data driven and results oriented. Whether it’s email engagement or advertising campaigns, you’re monitoring KPIs to help inform campaign optimizations. You have experience developing metrics reports and templates for internal and external stakeholders and funders.
- Strong messaging development and writing skills. As the digital lead on campaigns, you will play an integral role in crafting messages that engage target audiences and ensure that digital materials – from web, to social, to email, to ads – adhere to the overarching campaign narrative.
- Highly organized and strong interpersonal skills. You are both self-driven and a team player. You have excellent time management skills and can manage shifting priorities in a fast paced environment. Whether you’re interacting with internal stakeholders, partners, or vendors, you maintain professionalism and congeniality at all times.