Full-Time Digital Advocacy Associate
Who We Are:
Friends of the Earth (FOE) is a national not-for-profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world. We push for the reforms that are needed. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
What We Look For: An exceptional writer who can draft compelling content for our nearly-3 million-subscriber email list. We’re looking for someone who is eager and quick to act in rapid response situations and work on a tight turnaround. An innovative thinker to lead our peer-to-peer SMS program and a data-driven individual who works collaboratively with others.
Does this sound like you? If so, then this is the position for you. This is a growth position. We want you to succeed and we want to pay you a competitive wage that is in line with your experience. The range for this full-time role in the Washington, DC office or remote position is $50,000-$55,000. The candidate must be able to work from 9:00am-5:00pm EST. Offers are determined based on relevant skills and experience required for the position.
What the Role Needs:
Exceptional writer: You write content that engages our Membership base and motivates them to take action and make otherwise wonky topics relatable.
Relationship-oriented: You recognize the importance that relationships with colleagues play in your work and you build rapport and trust with others in the organization.
Highly flexible: You understand that the nature of the work means that sometimes content has to be rewritten or cancelled in a matter of hours and you’re not frustrated you can adapt to the by a constantly changing internal and external environment. You’re fast paced and able to push work forward through obstacles and adapt quickly as things change.
Data-driven: you follow the data on what works, drop tactics that don’t work, and test new ideas before implementing them.
- An associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Sophisticated understanding of the structures through which race, gender, class, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and other axes of identity function to unjustly distribute power and oppress some in our society and how those systems show up in the digital space.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Innovative: You come up with creative testing ideas for email and peer-to-peer SMS to drive advocacy and fundraising results.
- Highly Organized: You are able to stay on top of multiple moving projects that involve different stakeholders, stay on top of email communications, take previous feedback into account for future writing, and plan backwards and anticipate obstacles.
- 1-2 years of experience writing mass marketing communications (email blasts, newsletters, social media content, press releases, website content, ads, direct mail, etc.)
- Experience with Engaging Networks or other CRM
- Experience with ActBlue or other online fundraising program
Perks & Benefits:
Friends of the Earth is committed to providing benefits that will take care of you. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for eligible dependents)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching effective Day 1 (3% match)
- Generous Leave (Vacation-minimum 2 weeks to start, 12 Holidays, Sick, Parental, Sabbatical and More)
- Education Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
How to ApplyPlease click here to apply online.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405