Full-Time Development Information Associate
The Southern Environmental Law Center is seeking a detail-oriented Development Information Associate to join our successful development and marketing team.
About the Southern Environmental Law Center
SELC has a unique, focused mission: we use the power of the law to protect the environment of the Southeast and all the people who depend on it for their health and wellbeing. With nine offices across six states (Charlottesville and Richmond, VA; Chapel Hill and Asheville, NC; Atlanta, GA; Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; Birmingham, AL; and Nashville, TN), the Southern Environmental Law Center is recognized as the foremost environmental advocate and leader in our region—and respected as one of the most effective non-profits in the United States. Although regional in focus, much of our program work has broader national and global impact—particularly in leading the South away from its overdependence on coal and toward a clean energy future.
About the Position
This is an opportunity to dedicate your talents to a mission you care about at one of the most pivotal times in our nation’s history. SELC is funded by charitable gifts from individuals, families, and foundations. We are not a membership organization, so every one of our donors really matters to us—and this is reflected in the way we go about our fundraising. The Development Information Associate works collaboratively to provide the information necessary to further SELC’s fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn and grow in the nonprofit field.
Duties of this position include:
- Entering, updating, and retrieving donor and prospect data in Raiser’s Edge;
- Gift processing and acknowledgments;
- Conducting research on individuals and foundations and integrating data gathered from various public and published sources into standardized written reports;
- Providing pertinent, accurate and verifiable information for use by development officers and executives by deadlines provided;
- Reliability, responsiveness, and courtesy in all team and donor interactions;
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity, integrity, and accuracy;
- Assisting the Development Information Systems team with other tasks as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least two years of relevant professional experience;
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think strategically and investigatively;
- Writing skills including the ability to synthesize and present research findings in a variety of written formats;
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach, as well as ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and ResearchPoint is preferred;
- Commitment to SELC’s mission
What to Expect from SELC
The Southern Environmental Law Center enjoys a reputation for professionalism, impact, and accountability, as evidenced by our 100% rating from Charity Navigator.
SELC offers its employees a competitive benefits package and an enjoyable work environment.
We expect hard work, strategic thinking, peak performance, and teamwork from ourselves and each other, but we value the climate of mutual respect, collaboration, and collegiality that we have established among our staff, board members, and supporters.
We seek to bring these same values to our partnerships with other organizations, communities, and people of all backgrounds who share our mission. The South has a rich natural diversity and an equally rich cultural diversity. SELC is committed to broadening the diversity of its staff in order to strengthen our organization and its effectiveness in responding to the many environmental challenges affecting the South and its people. The Southern Environmental Law Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from persons of all backgrounds.
This is a full-time position located in SELC’s Headquarters in Charlottesville. Teleworking is not an option for this position. If you are interested and qualified, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.