Full-Time Development Director
The Alliance Center envisions a sustainable and equitable future where all communities thrive, democracy is strong, the economy works for everyone, and the planet is healthy. The Alliance Center demonstrates sustainability in action and mobilizes change agents to accelerate solutions to realize this vision.
The Alliance Center has three main strategies to advance our mission and vision:
- Grow the capacity of change agents advancing critical sustainability solutions through the Nonprofit Center.
- Mobilize our network of change agents to combat climate change and accelerate the transformation to an equitable and regenerative society through the Regenerative Recovery Coalition.
- Pilot innovative solutions to sustainability and health challenges utilizing our building as a demonstration site through the Living Lab
Visit www.thealliancecenter.org to learn more.
Overview of the Position:
The Development Director is a key leader within The Alliance Center and an active participant in strategic decision-making. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for all development strategies and activities to support the agency in delivering its mission. This position is responsible for planning and implementing an annual fundraising plan to secure philanthropic contributions to support the agency strategic plan and annual budget. The Development Director is responsible for crafting a long-term development plan, expanding and diversifying The Alliance Center’s funder base, and growing a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. The Development Director leads the Development Coordinator and will work closely with the Executive Director and the board and staff Development Committees.
The Development Director must have a proven track record of meeting aggressive fundraising goals. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build The Alliance Center’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Development Director must be an exceptional leader who sets high expectations and is passionate about enabling their team to meet those expectations. Knowledge of and passion for sustainability, equity, and regenerative principles are key to this position’s success.
- Lead the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development strategy to identify, secure, and grow: corporate, foundation, and individual gifts.
- Develop and implement a major gift growth and stewardship plan that significantly increases revenue year over year and instills a sense of authentic gratitude.
- Enhance corporate giving and partnerships; elevate current sponsorships and expand corporate giving prospects and programs.
- Accelerate foundation giving; build relationships with key foundations, maintain and grow robust grant calendar resulting in numerous successful proposals.
- Lead the revenue forecasting projections and goal setting for fundraising on an annual and ongoing basis.
- Lead development team in an inclusive and collaborative manner to create a culture of philanthropy and met or exceed fundraising goals.
- Oversee and maintain fundraising database to ensure integrity, accurate records, and ease of use.
- Create, and manage the development budget.
- Ensure that all proposal budgets, financial documents, and grant reports are timely, accurate, and aligned with organizational strategic priorities and grant obligations.
- Track key performance indicators for development team to ensure goals are met.
- Create a team-based environment where the team members are supported appropriately to meet their individual goals and the collective goals.
Board Management and Support
- Lead the Board and Staff Development Committees and effectively engage them to create and implement a fundraising strategy for the organization that meets or exceeds revenue goals.
- Partner with the Board Governance Committee to help identify, cultivate, and recruit new board members who have both the propensity and capacity to advance The Alliance Center’s mission by engaging in fundraising activities.
- Attend board meetings and continually work with Board to create and maintain a genuine culture of philanthropy.
- Develop strategies to leverage individual skills and connections of Board of Directors to increase philanthropic revenue.
- Attain 100% board giving each year.
- 7+ years as a fundraising professional with a proven track record of success.
- Proven ability to effectively develop and steward long-term relationships with high-net-worth individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Belief in the importance of sustainability, and regenerative principles.
- Values diversity, inclusivity, equality and equity.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively manage development communications related to storytelling and advance the case for support on behalf of the organization.
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term and trusting relationships.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with ability to manage short-term and long-term plans and goals, with a record of achieving results.
- Successful in managing a team of staff Effective team worker and welcomes collaboration.
- Strong organizational skills and a tenacious problem solver.
- Dynamic professional who can handle large, and fast-paced yet equitable workloads.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside The Alliance Center.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and board committees.
- Ability to develop and successfully manage a budget.
- Exceptional level of authenticity and integrity.
- Degree or certificate as a fundraising professional.
- Driven by results.
- Compelling conversationalist and active listener.
- Articulate public speaker with ability to think on his/her feet.
- High standard of quality and discipline.
- Oriented by a growth mindset in a lean start-up culture.
- Comfortable relating to diverse people and personalities.
- Experience with donor database management best Salesforce experience highly preferred.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, interpersonal skills, humor, and emotional intelligence.
Reports to Whom: Executive Director
Classification, Compensation, Schedule & Benefits:
This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position. Salary range is between $80,000-$100,000 annually depending on experience.
Schedule and Work Environment:
- The Alliance Center offers a flexible work schedule that can fit the applicant’s needs.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required to fulfill the duties of this position.
- As the majority of The Alliance Center team is still working from home, this position can start remotely. This will adjust over time as the City and County of Denver’s restrictions lift and recommendations change.
This position qualifies for benefits, including:
- Flexible working environment: employee chooses home, in-office, or hybrid
- Employee Wellness Programs to encourage work-life balance (yoga, mental health workshops and resources
- Health coverage, 100% paid for by the organization for the employee
- Flexible medical savings plans
- RTD Eco-Pass
- Matching retirement plan
- Generous paid holidays (all federal holidays, plus 12/24-1/1 paid off)
- Paid time off (15 days to start and 20 days after three years of employment)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Being part of an amazing team making the world a better place!
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Please email: email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and include Development Director in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will take place on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
- The Alliance Center strives to build a diverse and inclusive organization. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
- The Alliance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405