Full-Time Development & Database Coordinator
Friends of the Columbia Gorge was founded in 1980 and has over 6,500 members in Oregon, Washington, and beyond dedicated to preserving, protecting, and stewarding the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. With offices in Portland and Hood River, Oregon and Washougal, Washington, the organization uses an array of tools (advocacy, litigation, land acquisition, and public education) to ensure the Columbia Gorge remains a wondrous and vibrant place. In 2005, Friends launched the Friends of the Columbia Gorge Land Trust, a 509(a)(3) support organization to acquire spectacular landscapes within the Columbia Gorge.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The development and database coordinator serves as the caretaker of Friends’ database (Salesforce), and the additional integrated software programs. The position maintains and runs reports from database records of more than 20,000 members and non-members to support fundraising campaigns and organization-wide needs. The coordinator provides support for events, mailings, appeals, and organization-wide campaigns. This position directly supports the director of philanthropy in tandem with the development manager, and will work closely with the finance director, public engagement, and conservation staff to maintain accurate database records. Additionally, this position provides administrative support to the board of directors and associated committees as well as contributing to defining technology needs for Friends of the Columbia Gorge.
• Responsible for gift processing; data entry of gifts, recording pledges, reviewing donor accounts for accuracy, and appropriate relationship recording.
• Works with internal staff to identify earmarked donations.
• Responsible for timely preparation and mailing of donor acknowledgments, memorial/tribute letters, correspondence, thank you notes, and pledge statements.
• Maintains files related to gift process acknowledgement.
• Retrieves mail from post office, processes checks and prepares bank deposits.
• Responds to inquiries providing exemplary customer service.
• Answer main phone and direct to appropriate staff.
• Support board and staff in donor stewardship activities and record activities in the database.
• Maintains the accuracy of database including de-duplicating and troubleshooting database issues.
• Works with staff to support the reconciliation process between the departments.
• Uses database to track and manage donor engagement, gifts & pledges, sponsorships, corporate/foundation grant processes, and event participation.
• Assist with integration of various platforms, and participate in technology planning and decision making.
• Work to promote best practices for confidentiality, accuracy, and usability of the database. Help create documentation and other training resources.
• Utilize and train volunteers to assist in office and event work
• Serve as organizational point person to cross-train staff on basic functions of Salesforce, Mailchimp, and other technology platforms.
• Works with philanthropy team to produce reports, mailing and donor lists.
• Assists in prospect research and wealth screening to assist in building donor briefings on donor giving priorities and background.
• Works with public engagement team to pull lists for donor stewardship via our quarterly newsletter and mailing lists.
• Consolidate, track, and analyze donor data across all fundraising efforts to inform organizational strategies.
• Using donor analytics, provide data-based input to inform organizational fundraising strategies.
• Support planning utilizing reporting and analysis of past giving trends.
• Create systems for ongoing tracking of metrics-based fundraising goals and develop monthly reports to monitor progress.
• Assist Director of Finance with monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliation of all donations.
• Maintains database files of application, report, and award materials.
• Assists in monitoring report deadlines and payment schedules.
Events and campaigns management:
• Assists in planning and coordinating event logistics.
• Assists in maintaining and creating SOPs.
• Provide support for Friends’ Board of Directors and Board Affairs/DEI Committee. Assist executive director in coordinating board and committee meetings, prepare and keep meeting minutes and track committee logistics.
• Other duties as assigned.
Organizational culture and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ) work:
• Understand and integrate relevant components of strategic plan and commitment to centering DEIJ work into individual and team work plans.
• Commit to personal growth and learning, taking initiative to expand your understanding of DEIJ and related principles, issues, and practice and how they apply to our work.
• Participate in organizational trainings and workplace groups (DEIJ committee, staff social committee, lunch & learns) and other opportunities to shape our organizational culture.
• Apply the skills and practices needed to create an inclusive organizational culture including (but not limited to): clear and kind communication, giving and receiving feedback, mutual accountability, self-care, and boundaries.
• Extensive experience with Salesforce.
• Three years of experience in philanthropy for non-profit organizations; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Affinity for technology and computers
• Attention to detail
• Good problem-solving skills
• Analytic thinker who identifies efficiencies, areas for improvement, and data trends
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to function independently and as a member of a team
• Good people skills
• Ability to prioritize work and maintain flexibility
• Sensitivity to confidential material
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• Ability to lift boxes and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds
• Ability to work some non-standard hours including nights and weekends
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in an administrative position
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Mailchimp, Apsona, Zapier, and Google Suite.
• Knowledge of community-centric fundraising principles
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary range is $18 – $20 hourly, commensurate with experience and education. Excellent benefits include generous vacation time and holidays, generous health insurance for employee and dependents along with an employer matched retirement plan.
Friends is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with local, state and federal law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Full time with in the typical 9:00 – 6:00 office hours. Other hours would include earlier morning, evening, or weekend work for events or meetings. Work environment includes desk work with a sit/stand option, using a computer extensively, answering phone, picking up or delivering to post office and bank, opens and distributes mail, handles gift processing and can lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion.
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development and Database Coordinator in the subject line and where you saw the posting. Deadline for applications is Friday June 4, 2021.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405