Full-Time Development & Communications Assistant
The Development & Communications Assistant will be part of a small, collaborative fundraising and communications team that supports TWI’s regional ecological restoration projects. This full-time position with benefits includes a range of functions related to the nonprofit’s fundraising activities, as well as some general administrative support for the organization’s 10-person downtown Chicago office. The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality for interactions with donors, sponsors, and other supporters. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled at multitasking and managing priorities independently; have strong computer skills including familiarity with database software; possess strong communications skills both verbal and written; and demonstrate consistent and strong attention to detail. These functions will be carried out mostly during normal office hours and mostly at the Chicago office; some regional travel and evening/weekend hours will be required, particularly in summer and fall. The Development & Communications Assistant will report to the Director of Development & Communications.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain and update a fundraising database and donor files.
• Generate reports from the database.
• Perform donor and grant research.
• Manage execution of mass mailings to donors.
• Assist with grant proposals and reports.
• Interact with donors and other supporters.
• Assist with fundraising and volunteer events.
• Contribute to newsletters and other communications efforts.
• Provide communications and logistics support for the board of directors and its committees and meetings.
• Monitor TWI’s general voicemail account and assist with general office routines.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development & Communications.
• A bachelor’s degree preferably in liberal arts or the humanities.
• Paid and/or volunteer experience in fundraising at a nonprofit organization.
• Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
• Documented experience with office software including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
• Driver’s license and reliable access to a car.
Additional experience that is helpful but not required:
• Experience with fundraising software.
• Experience with the Squarespace and Mailchimp platforms.
• Paid and/or volunteer experience at a conservation organization.
• Customer-service or front-desk experience in any context.
This is a full-time position with benefits; starting salary is in the mid-30s.