Full-Time Development and Data Systems Manager
Development & Data Systems Manager, Full-time, East Coast Preferred
We are currently searching for a candidate to fill a new position. The ideal candidate will:
- Draw genuine pleasure in creating order amidst activity…while harboring enthusiasm for social revolution.
- Possess an overwhelming need to cross t’s and dot i’s…while having an irrepressible sense of humor about themselves and their fellow humans.
- Understand the connection between data and planning.
- Have a deep understanding of and commitment to movement building…and draw satisfaction from providing behind-the-scenes support for organizational accomplishments.
- Show personal initiative and independence of mind…while eagerly seeking ways to support others in being their best.
- Embrace and celebrate diversity and cultural expression.
- And a whole lot more!
Grassroots International seeks a Development & Data Systems Manager to implement a digital fundraising strategy, conduct high-level data analyses, and assure data accuracy and utility across multiple platforms. This is an exciting opportunity for a data and systems person to join a growing fundraising team, and to be part of an organization that is committed to organizing financial resources in support of grassroots movement work, while also engaging in deep donor political education and engagement work.
The DDSM reports to the Director of Global Philanthropy and works in coordination with Development and Communications teams. 1) to ensure that data about donors, prospective donors, and donations are being collected, analyzed, and used to strengthen Grassroots International’s individual and institutional giving programs; and 2) to more deeply integrate digital communications work with our fundraising work. An underlying responsibility of the DDSM is to keep pace with concepts and best practices in donor data management and online giving, as well as GRI programs. The specific responsibilities are detailed below, but as part of the team approach at GRI, the DDSM may be called on from time to time to assist with other organizational efforts.
Grassroots International connects people in the US with global movements that defend land, territory, water, food, seeds, and the earth. Together we address the root causes of injustice and oppression and build alternatives that nurture human rights, ecological justice, and liberation. We do this through grantmaking, social action, and philanthropic leadership. As a public foundation, Grassroots International raises its budget annually. Our organizational culture is collaborative, relational, and deeply mission-driven.
- Create and analyze reports from databases, website and social media platforms to be used for planning and coordination of solicitations and related activities which demonstrate trends and opportunities for new approaches and strategies
- Manage online fundraising campaigns, including developing e-fundraising appeals, donation pages, peer-to-peer campaigns and pages, and online gift acknowledgments, via CRM systems.
- Manage data entry functions and consistency across CRM platforms (Raiser’s Edge and Salsa Engage) and ensure data integrity.
- Collaborate with Development and Communications staff to maintain data entry and CRM systems and troubleshoot as needed.
- Work with Development & Communications Teams to optimize dashboards, reports, processes, and integrations.
Development Team Responsibilities:
- Participate as part of a team in the creation of a development plan which matches the needs of GRI, and monitor and provide reports on the status of development campaigns.
- Supervise and provide ongoing support to the Advance Associate responsible for data entry.
- Participate in cross-team collaborations focused on communications, advocacy, and digital security.
- Support direct mail program, including donor lists, messaging, and management of direct mail consultants, in coordination with the Managing Director of Donor Engagement
- Manage high-level database utilities, including use of Actions, Queries, Reports, and utilization of coding and attributes.
- Provide up-to-date information on fundraising budget to actuals, in coordination with finance staff.
Qualifications/Knowledge/Skills and Capacity
- A commitment to the mission of Grassroots International
- Proven success in database administration and analysis (preferably with Raiser’s Edge and Salsa Engage), preferably with at least 2-4 years of data entry and analysis experience.
- High level of experience with data analysis, and using data to inform strategic decision-making.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability and flexibility to work as part of a team in a mission-driven small non-profit organization
- Success with individual donor development, including sustainers and online fundraising campaigns.
- Knowledge of donor management, including online fundraising and direct mail
- Demonstrated organizational skills necessary to track and complete multiple projects concurrently.
Compensation: Full-time position; starting salary $60,244 – $71,875 DOE; excellent benefits, including 100% employer-paid health, dental, and disability insurance. Paid sick time and vacation. Retirement plan with employer contribution.
Grassroots International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Black people, indigenous people, people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ+ and gender-nonconforming individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We actively recruit and support the retention and advancement of individuals of diverse backgrounds within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and membership with diverse identities and backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates a vibrant environment where individuals can learn, grow and thrive. To that end, we are committed to fostering a workplace culture where all employees are equally included, valued, and supported.
Authorization to work in the United States is required.
This position is currently remote, with preference for candidates on the east coast. Ability to travel to Boston and other meetings a few times a year for meetings, as the public health situation allows