Full-Time Deputy Director, Clean Transportation Coalition
Ken Brown Strategic Consulting (KBSC), a partner in AKB Strategies, is seeking an experienced leader who can manage and implement campaigns for our clients. This position is ideal for someone excited about sustainability and clean energy, as a primary component of the job will be serving as deputy director for a national clean transportation organization.
Based in Washington, DC, KBSC provides strategic consulting and government affairs services to local governments, non-profit organizations, businesses, and coalitions. KBSC advises public and private sector clients on federal funding, legislative and regulatory solutions, and other tools to advance clean energy, community development, infrastructure improvements, and other client priorities.
Reporting to the firm’s president, the senior director will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, ranging from client and project management (business development, framing of key approaches, outreach, high-quality client delivery, written products) to reporting and other administrative functions. The ideal candidate will have designed and managed large projects with multiple stakeholders, be self-motivated but also collaborative, and able to manage a diverse workload.
• Serve as deputy director for firm’s client, Transportation Energy Partners
• Lead and manage major client projects, including a multi-stakeholder clean transportation technical assistance program and annual conference and lobby day
• Represent clients at meetings and in presentations
• Write a wide range of content including marketing and educational materials, presentations, and audiences
• Build strong relationships with clients and their stakeholders
• Coordinate and manage team members, consultants, and vendors to ensure client success
• 5-10 years of experience in project management, communications, and/or issue advocacy
• Excellent people skills including experience coordinating and leading teams
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Interest in sustainability and clean energy issues
• Extremely detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines
• Ability to dive in and take ownership of a project quickly
• Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
• Experience with project management tools and/or content management systems
• Experience with social media and other digital communication and advocacy tools
• Working proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
• Bachelor’s degree
Salary and benefits: Salary $65-90k depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation.
Ken Brown Strategic Consulting and AKB Strategies are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion/creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, military status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, marital status, or partnership status.